What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not bought anything, but I've been pricing up bike racks for a Smart Fortwo. Holy Mary Mother of Trump they're expensive! I've bought entire cars for less.
I hear you brother, we bought a rack for our Focus to take the bikes to Wales beginning of this month, what sort of fiend would design a car that can't fit a bike rack?

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Of course, it does help to retract BOTH pistons before trying to replace the pads ... :whistle:

PS And it is a good idea not to let the old ones get THIS worn before replacing them ...

View attachment 420975
:laugh:

There's load of meat left on them! :whistle:

^_^

JhnBssll

Veteran
One of the perks of working for Bosch is access to good discounts on new products. I made good use of that today and came home with a brand new Fontus - a silly name for a potentially jolly useful product ^_^ It's an 18V battery powered low pressure washer with built in water tank. You fill it with water and stick a battery in the back and chuck it in the boot of the car ready to clean your bike down with when you're done riding :becool: I'm told it holds enough water to clean 2 bikes and if you have access to a water supply it will run for up to about half an hour at full power on a 4Ah battery pack :okay: I'm looking forward to giving it a try ^_^

20180726_201043.jpg
20180726_202556.jpg

si_c

Guru
My Mio GPS unit needs to be returned for repair, the USB port has stopped allowing it to connect to the PC, this isn't too much of a problem as I can sync via WiFi anyway so been using it like that for a month or so. Got corrupt settings file now though so the unit won't start, easy fix if you can mount the unit via USB.

So bought myself a new Garmin 820 bundle as I also need to replace my old HRM which has given up the ghost after the seal went around the battery compartment. Quite pleased with it, although the screen on my old unit was much bigger and so easier to read, not had a chance to use the navigation yet, but it looks straightforward enough.

The thing that finally prompted me to change them was one corner of one pad wearing away completely so the metal plate itself was rubbing on the disk! You can see the shiny area on the bottom left of the pad on the R of the photo above ...

Yep. When you can hear metal on metal time to use the other brake.

simonali

Guru
Some Hunt wheels with tubeless tyres. Bought today, not being delivered until last week of August, though.

:sad:

I was tempted to double the outlay and go for the carbon ones, which would have been delivered next week, but common sense prevailed.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Spend limited to £8 today.
£4 for a bottle cage for my granddaughters bike, and £4 for the car park at Salcey Forest so we could join in with the British Cycling kids skills and ride session..

Actually, it was more, as two ice creams @ £2.30 each were purchased, making the total spend £12.60

Top Bottom