What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
A spoke and a wheel truing... :angry:

Postmanhat

New Ultegra chain and cassette to replace the used and abused 105s which came with the bike. Went for a 12-30 as some of the hills round here demand respect :eek:

Went out early on the bike and for some as yet unknown reason I found my legs spinning and not going anywhere at times. I will strip the back wheel hub down to see whether has advised it called be the pawl or pawl spring in the hub causing the problem but in the mean time I went on Ebay and brought a second pair of wheels for £60.Ok definitely not the lightest but I am sure they will meet my needs.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Yesterday: Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 speed gears and brakes. A fantastic improvement on the old 6700 10 speed. Transforms an already good bike into an excellent bike.

New wheels. Ive been keeping an eye on a bulge on the front wheel for a while now, decided its too much now and ordered replacements, the bearings are still great though and the rear rim (the first I would have expected to fail) is fine and both wheels are still perfectly true even after a crash that broke a spoke nipple. I think after their purchase in Aug 2013 they were used on the bianchi, 2014 they were used on bianchi too but became winter wheels when I bought a shimano freehub, they were used through till just before the LBL in April 2015, after which the rear done a few TTs with a disc cover, I put them back on in October 2015 and used them until today.
In summary and ignoring my musings/babblings, although time wise they're not old (2 and a half years) distance wise they've done just under 11k miles and I suppose thats no bad so Ive ordered another set of them, Fulcrum Quattros.

Brainy bike lights, from the London bike show.

image.jpeg

The thinking is that if a person approaching from behind, sees a normal red / flashing light, they don't take as much notice, as they do, if the light is a shaped like a person on a bike.

Bodhbh

Guru
Just hemorrhaged the a little over 200quid on a surly front rack and pair of 70l ortlieb panniers. Always lugging stuff back and forth to the parents and needed to up the capacity. Train journey included so trailer not an option.

Top Bottom