What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A pair of Shimano 105 shifters and some cross top levers to turn my bike into a clean cockpit (currently got tiagra 4600).

Just need some outfront handlebar mounts for my lights to sit on

Last edited:

toffee

Guru
Some brake pads for the tourer and disk pads for the road bike.

Derek

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
a posh new pump.

After realising that i'd lost an essential little bit of plastic from my perfectly adequate £7 Wilko pump, i decided to splash out on a £22 Topeak Mountain Morph... I found the essential little bit of plastic for my Wilko pump the day the posh new pump arrived... nice to know that Sod is still out there, upholding the law.

Mrs M

Guru
Bough a Moom 360 front light, small and very bright.
The Pendleton lights I got from Halfords don't fit so had to return them :sad:.
Will need to go shopping again as the Cateye front light on my road bike is kaput.

Gert Lush

2 Schwalbe marathon greenguard tyres and some more tyre levers :rolleyes:

Thinking of getting my LBS to fit them, I haven't had much luck with fitting tyres without puncturing recently

D

Deleted member 22722

Coincidentally I bought a set of these mudhuggers around a month ago. I scoured the net looking for a decent set of mudguards and these ticked all of the boxes. When I visited their website I found that they were located about a mile from where I live. Contacted them to see if I could have a look at them in person as I wasn't sure what size would fit best. Went around that Friday afternoon after work and the guy couldn't have been more helpful & friendly. Ended up buying a front and rear guard and some Duck Off dry wash from him there and then. He even discounted a couple of quid off the advertised price for no reason at all.

I fitted the guards that evening and they are great, even if they do make my bike look like a Motocross bike now.

Onthedrops

Veteran
An Abus 3 digit retractable lock.
Hardly burglar proof but very small, light and compact. Should come in useful for cafe stops where I can leave the bike within view. Hoping it acts a s a bit of a deterrent too.

Postmanhat

New Ultegra front mech to replace the bothersome 105. Won the auction on ebay by 3p, very satisfying.

And some new cables. First go at internal routing over the weekend

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Bib shorts, carbon and titanium mini pump. Carbon. Titanium. :biggrin:

New helmet, chamois cream, bits and bobs for punctures.

That's it for a while, I'm broke now :sad:

Top Bottom