What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A Jagwire red cable set in preparation for a cable and bar tape change on the Wilier Montegrappa commuter once it's hibernated for the winter.

Some Bontrager Race Lite Isozone bars for a build next Spring; I've picked up an Avanti Circa cross frame which I'll build into a winter commuter for 2019/20 ... forward planning :rolleyes: . That's unless I get bored and it ends up being built in the next 6 weeks.

s-l1600.jpg

Some Northwave Sonic 2 shoes for my 14yo to train on.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 29

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
A chain - I'd apparently snapped it but it kept going about 10 miles on my MTB - only found it oiling it when back home (big clunk about half way through the ride). You can't shorten KMC 10 chains, they can't be re-joined other than with a 10 speed link - don't think about an 8 speed - too loose.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
A chain - I'd apparently snapped it but it kept going about 10 miles on my MTB - only found it oiling it when back home (big clunk about half way through the ride). You can't shorten KMC 10 chains, they can't be re-joined other than with a 10 speed link - don't think about an 8 speed - too loose.

I've had a bike shop take a link out of a kmc 10 speed chain as they thought it was long. It wasn't so I put the spare link I took of it when new back on using the pin. Never gave me any trouble.

C R

Guru
New derailleurs, chain and quick link tool. Someone at work smashed my front derailleur some time ago, and even though I straightened the cage as best as I could, I was getting a lot of chain rub after changing the chainset.

si_c

Guru
Someone at work smashed my front derailleur
:eek:

C R

Guru

I should have been more clear, it was most likely accidental, the bike racks are quite busy and close to each other, I tend to lock my bike with the drive side to the rack, but the one day I didn't it looks like someone managed to bash the derailleur cage in, leaving it in a less than optimal state.

Just ordered a Molteni replica jersey
Long-Sleeve 'Roubaix' fabric (or as they simple call it; Fleece)

https://freestylecycling.com/retro-molteni-arcore-long-sleeve-cycling-jersey-orange.html

They also offer a 7-Eleven jersey, now if they'd offer a long-sleeve Motorola top, I might have ordered one of those too

It'll wind the lad up at work, who reckons I look like Merckx, after he saw what book I was reading^_^
The English edition though;https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eddy-Merck...r_1_12?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1537435463&sr=1-12

Ebay bashing today;

Stages Dura-Ace crank/power meter

Plus Dura -Ace di2 shifters ; slowly trying to pick up bits to start the conversion of the Helium to Di2 over the coming winter.

Spoons47

6531FD2F-B10F-42AC-A2A6-E83032CDD39D.jpeg

Just got this on EBay for £19. Prizes awarded for best cat jokes!! I have already bought a skewer, but my question is, will I be able to put a older road bike on it without the quick release wheels. Got a budget of approx £150 so am scouring gumtree, eBay etc, only problem usually is location.

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
eBay for me too, picked up a brand new set of flatmount TRP Spyres including adaptors to replace the Tektro Miras on my Diverge. The Miras are ok but as I’m a bit of a hefferlump I thought I’d try and find something with a bit more oomph!

Top Bottom