What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Sadly my trust Electron Pod "be seen" front light died during yesterdays ride and all attempts to charge some life back into it have failed. :sad:

So today I bought a Moon Meteor-X Auto Pro from Halfords, reduced from nearly £40 to £21.99, then £19.79 with the BC discount*.
What a light for under £20!
000.JPG

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Bits:

- A Wheel Wellie wheel cover as one of my son's has got torn
- A pair of Ritchey V5 Pro SPD pedals (eBay)
- A track chain for his track bike
- A Fizik Nisene saddle for me (eBay)

trewlis

Regular
Not really bought but my SO gave me a bike bell for Valentines (old one got broken and haven't replaced it)

Edit: If anyone's curious, the bike bell is a Spurcycle bell. I have been using it and it's really good for its price point. A bit expensive but wow, the sound quality can even be heard by those listening with earphones.
More info here - https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/bells-horns/spurcycle-bell-raw/

Last edited:

pjd57

Veteran
Not so much bought, but paid for an after the winter service.
General degrease, tidy up .
Way too technical for me .
I just nodded and agreed when our excellent mechanic at the White House ( Maryhill) told me what bits he replaced.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
A slightly used Sellle Italia Flite Titanium saddle from the bike co-op. A generous fellow dropped off 3 tubs of the finest bits and bobs imaginable.

crossfire

Hi, does this count?
a used Scott Timber frame to replace my "Holey Frame"( in Bicycle Repairs and Mechanics) Raleigh Montage, which is hopefully being delivered Thursday, so I can to transfer all parts over - and I can become a fettler.
john

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Bought a bag of old Cateye sensors, parts, and speedometers, as well as a heart rate monitor watch, from the co-op. Time to see what works, and what doesn't. Also considering expanding my skills into welding and brazing. May take a course at the community college, if affordable.

bygone era

Über Member
I got aaltura nevis jacket in a sale for £25 a charge spoon white saddle and Altura skin shorts £15 hopefully the spoon saddle will be more comfortable its got lots of good reviews tried one with the cutaway not a fan

Top Bottom