What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I realised I need another front light so I can stop shuffling lights between bikes and the LBSes have sold out of decent lights and are only restocking legally-insufficient junk (as usual for the UK) so I've ordered a 30 lux set for about £10 by Dansi who I've not heard of but the internet says they're an "upbeat 6 piece ensemble from the north-east of England, blending folk, rock, pop and world music to a backdrop of Wilf's soothing yet powerful vocals and euphoric and bouncy brass lines." Should be interesting(!) ;) Watch the postie thread for updates.

booze and cake

probably out cycling
I've been after some more everyday wheels for two of my bikes that are currently running deep rims. Well I've sorted it. First up I got these from eBay, 32 hole Campagnolo Record Hubs laced to Mavic Open Pro rims.
zHmn978.jpg

K9WrIV8.jpg

The brake track seems unused:okay:. I;m currently waiting for some tyres to be delivered, so I put those tyres on that I got free with some other wheels I bought last year. They are 19mm wide:laugh::eek: ....does anyone use tyres this narrow anymore? I expect them to be teeth shatteringly uncomfortable on anything other than a super smooth road, but I've never ridden tyres that narrow so thought I'd give them a go while I'm waiting for the 25mm wide ones to arrive.

And next up some sexy all silver hubs, spokes and rims for my Brian Rourke. I had the Chorus hubs already, but as I can't build wheels I used south London wheel builder Arup to build them up with new Mavic Open Pro rims and Sapim spokes. Top bloke, highly recommended:okay:. Fitted with new Veloce 10 speed 11-26 cassette. They have Veloflex Master 25mm tyres in the pics, which will be replaced with tan wall Vittoria Corsa G+ in 25mm that arrive next week.
vJeqte5.jpg

P0D3ays.jpg

Success:becool:

I was *supposed* to buy a tyre for the Wiggins.

Forgot all about that. :blush:

Instead, I walked out of the shop with a ladies' Altura Strada thermal jersey marked down from £50 to £10. Would've been rude not to, really. :whistle:

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
Bought one of those multi-drawer tool cabinets on wheels from Halfords today and it’s surprisingly decent quality with lined drawers and smooth bearing runners. Perfect for the garage and my ever growing army of bike tools. Was on offer for £125 but was wrongly priced in store at £85 - which they honoured. Plus my 10% Blue Light Card discount... so £76.50 happy days!:highfive:

Top Bottom