What have you bought for the bike today ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Dark46, 29 May 2014.

1. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

I realised I need another front light so I can stop shuffling lights between bikes and the LBSes have sold out of decent lights and are only restocking legally-insufficient junk (as usual for the UK) so I've ordered a 30 lux set for about £10 by Dansi who I've not heard of but the internet says they're an "upbeat 6 piece ensemble from the north-east of England, blending folk, rock, pop and world music to a backdrop of Wilf's soothing yet powerful vocals and euphoric and bouncy brass lines." Should be interesting(!) ;) Watch the postie thread for updates.

booze and cake and Salty seadog like this.
  2. Elybazza61

Elybazza61 Veteran

Got this on a good trade only deal;

http://www.superbiketool.com/prod4.asp?menu=3&cid=18&pid=276

And this (minus the dial indicators)

http://www.superbiketool.com/prod4.asp?menu=3&cid=22&pid=377

booze and cake likes this.
  3. Justinitus

Justinitus Are we stopping for cake??

Some lightweight Under Armour fleece lined jogging bottoms to wear over my base layer on the bike. £14.99 from TK Maxx.

booze and cake likes this.
  4. JhnBssll

JhnBssll Über Member

Just ordered some carbon clincher rims direct from China, what could possibly go wrong :whistle::laugh:

5. booze and cake

booze and cake probably out cycling

I've been after some more everyday wheels for two of my bikes that are currently running deep rims. Well I've sorted it. First up I got these from eBay, 32 hole Campagnolo Record Hubs laced to Mavic Open Pro rims.
    zHmn978.jpg
    K9WrIV8.jpg
    The brake track seems unused:okay:. I;m currently waiting for some tyres to be delivered, so I put those tyres on that I got free with some other wheels I bought last year. They are 19mm wide:laugh::eek: ....does anyone use tyres this narrow anymore? I expect them to be teeth shatteringly uncomfortable on anything other than a super smooth road, but I've never ridden tyres that narrow so thought I'd give them a go while I'm waiting for the 25mm wide ones to arrive.

And next up some sexy all silver hubs, spokes and rims for my Brian Rourke. I had the Chorus hubs already, but as I can't build wheels I used south London wheel builder Arup to build them up with new Mavic Open Pro rims and Sapim spokes. Top bloke, highly recommended:okay:. Fitted with new Veloce 10 speed 11-26 cassette. They have Veloflex Master 25mm tyres in the pics, which will be replaced with tan wall Vittoria Corsa G+ in 25mm that arrive next week.
    vJeqte5.jpg
    P0D3ays.jpg
    Success:becool:

6. Rach1

Rach1 Previously known as wrinkly

New seat Selle Royal, early days but seems comfy.

meta lon, SpokeyDokey and JhnBssll like this.
  7. Drago

Drago Guru

Not just for the bike, but for the car, my guns, around the house...

450ml cans of WD40 are a paltry £2.50 in Tesco. Not everyone's favourite, but at this price its astonishing. I bought 10.

meta lon, JhnBssll and DCBassman like this.
  8. DCBassman

DCBassman Veteran

Yes, saw that and got some!

JhnBssll and Drago like this.
  9. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

I was *supposed* to buy a tyre for the Wiggins.

Forgot all about that. :blush:

Instead, I walked out of the shop with a ladies' Altura Strada thermal jersey marked down from £50 to £10. Would've been rude not to, really. :whistle:

10. Threevok

Threevok Four Sprung Pork Technik

Superstar Components 9mm Front QR Through Axle - Gold
    Superstar components 10mm Rear QR Through Axle - Gold (I've been waiting ages for these to come back into stock)

A bit of bling to replace the (temporary) black ones I currently have on the bike

11. Arrived yesterday, Evans Cycles were knocking them out for a tenner each, it'd be rude not to

DSC_7352.JPG

12. meta lon

meta lon Guru

Bargain..

JhnBssll and Biff600 like this.
  13. Drago

Drago Guru

Bought the last 3 x 500ml cans of ultra cheap WD40 in tesco today. I'm self sufficient in WD for a year or so at least.

DCBassman and JhnBssll like this.
  14. DCBassman

DCBassman Veteran

Must admit, I bought another can...those two might well see me out...
    :biggrin:

Drago likes this.
  15. Justinitus

Justinitus Are we stopping for cake??

Bought one of those multi-drawer tool cabinets on wheels from Halfords today and it’s surprisingly decent quality with lined drawers and smooth bearing runners. Perfect for the garage and my ever growing army of bike tools. Was on offer for £125 but was wrongly priced in store at £85 - which they honoured. Plus my 10% Blue Light Card discount... so £76.50 happy days!:highfive:

LeetleGreyCells likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice