What have you bought for the bike today ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Dark46, 29 May 2014.

1. Oops I believe I am the new member pedalspinner2019

2. Bought some downtube levers for the Falcon, just Suntour for the present time.

3. jowwy

jowwy The bearded Powerhouse

Whilst sat looking at this

D1178F96-CA97-413A-BBDE-BA3C52D76E45.jpeg

I have ordered a new set of suspension forks, rear rack, rack bag, baggy shorts and a new Jersey. The mrs hasn’t got a clue and she’s sitting next to me reading her book lol

NorthernDave and BSOh like this.
  4. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

A new slim saddle pack , I have a black one somewhere but cant find it so have been using a blue but on a black and green bike it was bugging me , no doubt I will find my black one now I have bought another.

tom73 and Reynard like this.
  5. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

Shouldn't this be in the "things you've bought twice" thread? :giggle:

roadrash likes this.
  6. LeetleGreyCells

LeetleGreyCells Reinvented for 2019 - Formerly RealLeeHimself

Yesterday, bought some size 1 Northwave MTB shoes for my daughter (second hand) then popped to Halford's a picked up some SM-SH56 cleats.

Reynard likes this.
  7. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

Some new bar tape

8. Fitted an out front stem mount for the Garmin, like this but in black.,

Mount.png
    Trouble is the 13mm spacers are made from some form of plastic, so when you tighten the stem bolts the spacer just gets crushed and it won't tighten enough to be safe :cursing: Or at least if you get it to a stage that feels OK the mount is lying funny because of the spacers or so mangled.

Had to take it back off to have a safe ride, but for what it cost I'll keep it and find an alternative spacer in stainless so I can safely refit it.

9. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

I've just finally ordered some Ortlieb Bike Packer Plus panniers. Quite extravagant but they should do what I want and last a lifetime!

StuAff, DCBassman and Elybazza61 like this.
  10. Elybazza61

Elybazza61 Veteran

Absolute Black oval sub-compact (48-32) chainrings.

11. SkipdiverJohn

SkipdiverJohn Über Member

Lidl have got cycling stuff on promotion this week, so I pushed out the boat and bought a £10 pair of Crivit pannier bags and a £4 pair of cycling gloves. Their track pumps are cheap as chips but I've already got one that's still going strong.

12. rugby bloke

rugby bloke Über Member

2 new pairs of Shutt Velo bib shorts ready for the Spain trip. Bought my first pair last year and I am a convert.

13. tom73

tom73 Über Member

Bit of a bumper few days New track pump, New set of Wahoo sensors a present from Mrs for my N+1 , new set of tyres and tubes for said N+1
    pair of castelli longs (on offer) size small and they fit result :wahhey:

Last edited: 11 Apr 2019
  14. razabbs

razabbs Active Member

New set of legwear today; the previous shorts i bought were mountain bike shorts(only ones decathlon had in and I needed some quickly) I've bought some bib tights this time to see how they are :smile: Decathlon's selection seems to have gone down-hill over the last few years IMO

15. Tom B

Tom B Über Member

It's been one of those weeks

New gear cables x2
    New cable guide
    Nail varnish (dropped the other)
    New cable mount as for some reason the old one had gone sloppy
    Innertubes .

Oh and some t**t stole my garmin 520 from work and I work somewhere that really shouldn't happen. So now shopping for a new garmin / garmin alike.

Last edited: 13 Apr 2019
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice