What have you bought for the bike today ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Dark46, 29 May 2014.

1. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

Decided our existing locks are woefully Inadequate for ebikes so just bit the bullet and went to Halfords and brought myself a Magnum cable lock, 13mm thick wire rope and a hoofing great lock mechanism. Size wont bother me, it can sit in my rucksack, particularly when commuting starts soon. £40...
    My wife brought the smaller version, her bike is less visible to the public in the school she works at.

pawl and Reynard like this.
  2. DavieB

DavieB MIA

Roval cl50 wheelset, a pair of gp5000 tl and a pair of Ultegra 6800 callipers because my fsa callipers won’t open wide enough for the new rims

Bike will look great :smile:

3. Scaleyback

Scaleyback Well-Known Member

I have purchased (click @ collect) the Garmin Varia RTL510 radar tail light, £119.00 from Halfords. Now all I have to decide is which Garmin cycle computer I am going to pair with it. This is going to be an expensive double purchase.

4. TigerT

TigerT Über Member

Today, I bought my bike 2 presents and also 1 for me.

For the bike : A Wahoo ELEMNT & Some Garmin Vector 3 Pedals.

For me : New Cycling sunglasses.

On Saturday I will have to get new shoes to go with the new pedals as I currently ride with SPD cleats and the new pedals will require Look Keo ones.

LeetleGreyCells and Reynard like this.
  5. Bought a brand new Airbone copy pump from a friend who had accidentally ordered 3 somehow

He brought it round....along with my mini pump that I had been searching for and had bought the 'airbone' to replace - I'd forgotten I'd lent it him! :biggrin:

Nevermind, the new one is dinky and light

Reynard and LeetleGreyCells like this.
  6. Scaleyback

Scaleyback Well-Known Member

Got a Garmin 130 cycle computer to accompany my Varia RTL510 radar tail light (see above) Got it on ebay, (new unused) for £106.00 inc. Look forward to receiving it, if it’s as good a deal as it looks I shall be a happy bunny. ^_^

7. rivers

rivers Über Member

Thule velocompact 925. Not really for the bikes, more for the van to transport the bikes I guess

8. DavieB

DavieB MIA

Picked up the wheels

Attached Files:

Justinitus likes this.
  9. NorthernDave

NorthernDave Never used Über Member

Don't forget to check the valves before you try to inflate them.
    :whistle:

10. Denis99

Denis99 Senior Member

Bit of XTR bling. Also some stand off hex spacers to mount the mudguards GR013106.jpg GR013104.jpg GR013103.jpg GR013102.jpg and make them look better.

Mrs M and Justinitus like this.
  11. Mrs M

Mrs M Veteran

33619A56-05D3-4223-BF84-6FF9BADC9728.jpeg D348DEDE-2588-4CE1-8E29-A9E4659D5EE0.jpeg Ordered a Carradice saddle bag for the Pashley.
    More carrying capacity than the teeny tiny one I have at the moment :smile:
    Roll on the summer outings!

12. Johnno260

Johnno260 Über Member

Bonus was in Garmin Edge 820 for £125 thank you very much.

iancity likes this.
  13. I bought this solar powered headlight.

IMG_20190329_161541.jpg

DCBassman likes this.
  14. Nebulous

Nebulous Veteran

After a beer I 'accidentally' bought a new set of Hunt wheels with a dynamo hub. Now I'm waiting impatiently for them to arrive.

iancity likes this.
  15. You will like them. Mine are excellent.

Nebulous likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice