What have you bought for the bike today ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Dark46, 29 May 2014.

1. mikeymustard

mikeymustard Veteran

well worth the money then! I'm not a fan of kendas in general, the partner's carrera hybrid thing came with them

2. mikeymustard

mikeymustard Veteran

:wub:
    20190228_145340.jpg

3. Domus

Domus Über Member

After my front dyno wheel arrived and was fitted I can't help but notice the black bladed spokes on the rear wheel. It upsets me so much I have ordered a rear wheel to match the Mavic rim and round shiny spokes.............tube and tyre as well.

mikeymustard likes this.
  4. I picked up a new Endura F260 jersey and matching mitts today I'd seen in the Rutland Cycles sale. Lol when I saw them mid week I thought I might have a chance to wear them soon. That cursed it, the weather has went back to normal now :rolleyes:

5. BianchiVirgin

BianchiVirgin Senior Member

Swapped the supplied Contis on my new Attain for Gatorskins as it'll spend its life on winter and commuting duty. They were a SOB to get fitted and are noticeably stiffer and more rigid. Hope I never get a puncture!

HLaB likes this.
  6. Reynard

Reynard Veteran

Not today, but was in Decathlon last Friday and acquired a very nice jersey in the clearance.

Will go spiffingly well with my MTB capris.

7. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

Aero drop bars fitted to the second bike, More comfatable than the normal drop bars.

8. Diogenes

Diogenes Opinions, schminions

A rear light for the pannier rack, instead of the wibbly wobbly one hanging off the bag

518kyOkGsoL.jpg

9. LeetleGreyCells

LeetleGreyCells Reinvented for 2019 - Formerly RealLeeHimself

Ordered today from Planet X - £30 gift voucher with free helmet, then used said voucher to buy two Schwalbe X-One Allround tyres and two sets of EBC brake pads to fit Tektro Mira and paid the difference.

Not a bad shop as I’ll get the helmet for half price (the other half being the P&P I’ve paid).

There was a bit of a faff as the price of the helmet wasn’t deducted from the total with the gift voucher so contacted Planet X and they’re refunding the price of the helmet. They were very helpful and relatively quick to respond (as it was lunchtime).

10. YukonBoy

YukonBoy Extra solar

A nice cycling cap from the local Decathon that opened, only £7.99 as well.

11. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

This gorgeous item, going on my new fixed wheel bike :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

murxvh100.jpg

12. Elybazza61

Elybazza61 Veteran

More Di2 bits,cables and wireless dongle;nearly got everything now for the Robinson re-build.

13. BianchiVirgin

BianchiVirgin Senior Member

A couple of Conti tubes that are heavily discounted at the mo in Halfords, some tyre levers and a 5 pack of CO2.

14. rogerzilla

rogerzilla Veteran

Been after these for about a decade. Two NOS Sturmey-Archer 12-spline 18T sprockets. These are enticingly labelled "FOR RACING" in the AM hub exploded diagram.

Sprocket mounted on driver

33424693788_8558879752_b.jpg 20190306_160647 by rogerzilla, on Flickr

32358698167_2552f0970b_b.jpg 20190306_160655 by rogerzilla, on Flickr

Driver with LH lockring thread (like on a fixie, but smaller)

46577278764_10bfcb28db_b.jpg 20190306_160733 by rogerzilla, on Flickr

I've had the driver for years but no sprockets to use with it.

Threevok likes this.
  15. Drago

Drago Guru

A 27 x 1 1/4 inner tube in Schraeder. Life on the edge, eh?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice