What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah sorry, my bad!
My bike had Kenda K841 27.5" x 1.95" tyres that came as standard on Carrera Parva. I wanted less rolling resistance and I _think_ the Marathon Supreme 27.5x1.6" are slightly faster on tarmac. Actually, I think I am riding at the same speed as before, it just feels like I'm applying a bit less effort.
well worth the money then! I'm not a fan of kendas in general, the partner's carrera hybrid thing came with them

:wub:
20190228_145340.jpg

Domus

Guru
After my front dyno wheel arrived and was fitted I can't help but notice the black bladed spokes on the rear wheel. It upsets me so much I have ordered a rear wheel to match the Mavic rim and round shiny spokes.............tube and tyre as well.

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
Swapped the supplied Contis on my new Attain for Gatorskins as it'll spend its life on winter and commuting duty. They were a SOB to get fitted and are noticeably stiffer and more rigid. Hope I never get a puncture!

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Ordered today from Planet X - £30 gift voucher with free helmet, then used said voucher to buy two Schwalbe X-One Allround tyres and two sets of EBC brake pads to fit Tektro Mira and paid the difference.

Not a bad shop as I’ll get the helmet for half price (the other half being the P&P I’ve paid).

There was a bit of a faff as the price of the helmet wasn’t deducted from the total with the gift voucher so contacted Planet X and they’re refunding the price of the helmet. They were very helpful and relatively quick to respond (as it was lunchtime).

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Been after these for about a decade. Two NOS Sturmey-Archer 12-spline 18T sprockets. These are enticingly labelled "FOR RACING" in the AM hub exploded diagram.

Sprocket mounted on driver

33424693788_8558879752_b.jpg 20190306_160647 by rogerzilla, on Flickr

32358698167_2552f0970b_b.jpg 20190306_160655 by rogerzilla, on Flickr

Driver with LH lockring thread (like on a fixie, but smaller)

46577278764_10bfcb28db_b.jpg 20190306_160733 by rogerzilla, on Flickr

I've had the driver for years but no sprockets to use with it.

Top Bottom