What have you bought for the bike today ?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by Dark46, 29 May 2014.

1. rogerzilla

rogerzilla Guru

Are 27" tubes actually a thing? I didn't think there was any practical difference to 700c tubes.

2. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

Topeak Micro Rocket CB Pump fitted to second bike.
    Both bikes are now fitted with there own saddle bags and pumps. Both ready to go where ever.

3. LeetleGreyCells

LeetleGreyCells Cycliste en formation

I did this with my bikes - their own saddle bags, multi tool, tubes and pump. Never leave home having ‘left something on the other bike’ again.

iancity, NorthernDave and derrick like this.
  4. Thomson

Thomson Well-Known Member

I bought a proper bike pump with a gauge. Makes a huge difference now. Just used a hand pump for the last year. Wish I got one ages ago.

5. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

A new Garmin Etrex20x.
    The old ones buggered.

6. kynikos

kynikos Well-Known Member

Hafny bar end mirror:

IMG_20190308_112147.jpg

...folds away nicely when not in use:

IMG_20190308_143349.jpg

C R and johnnyb47 like this.
  7. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

A Selle Italia Storica saddle via eBay thanks to @Soltydog

An Adidas XS men's jersey for my 14yo whilst he awaits his new team's kit as he's switched - again eBay as Evans hadn't got it

And as my family didn't get me a birthday present this week, this: a Ravensthorpe CC ltd edition jersey signed by the Tour de Yorkshire riders in 2019 plus others. The bid price, which ended up being just me, all goes to one of my club-mates who's been in hospital since last June following a life-threatening crash:

s-l1600.jpg
    Not sure where it'll go though. Would wearing it on club rides be sacrosanct? :tongue:

iancity likes this.
  8. BianchiVirgin

BianchiVirgin Senior Member

A few days ago got delivered a new Wheels Manufacturing PF30 BB to replace the rubbish FSA one that came fitted to the Bianchi. It's 24mm so now just waiting on an opportunity to ditch the equally naff FSA Gossamer crank set and replace it with a 105 7000 series compact.

9. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Yes. About 8mm bigger diameter. You can usually stretch a large-width (38-45mm, say) 622mm tube to fit inside a 32-630 (a "proper" 27x1¼") without harm, but a 630mm one can fit noticeably easier. A 27x1¼" Schrader tube may be for a larger width than 1¼" anyway (which is part of why confusing non-ISO sizings suck) because a Schrader-drilled rim is usually wider than a Presta'd one so has a wider "ideal" tyre.

10. AlanW

AlanW Veteran

Garmin UT800 front light, interesting concept, I hope it performs as good as the instruction manual suggests? That aside, its a cracking looking little light and superbly finished off.

11. freiston

freiston Senior Member

I ordered a Carradice Pro Route Cape. Hopefully by the time it gets delivered, the windy weather will have passed.

mikeymustard likes this.
  12. Denis99

Denis99 Well-Known Member

Postman brought me an XTR double chainset today, and I fitted some extra bling also.

Wanted / needed the chainset to give me a better gear choice for my tourer.
    Bought the bike second hand, but the gearing was a little suspect. It had 44/32 up front with 11-42 10 speed cassette .

The XT rear mech was struggling with the 42 and 36t when climbing.

Now set up with

40 & 28 up front with 11-36 cassette.

Fitting my old StemCaptain clock, and pure indulgence Spurcycle bell.

GR013099.jpeg GR013099.jpeg GR013100.jpeg GR013101.jpeg

iancity, HLaB, gbb and 3 others like this.
  13. mikeymustard

mikeymustard Veteran

@Denis99 loving that clock, would be a great place for a speedo!

14. Denis99

Denis99 Well-Known Member

It would, especially an analogue one.

Somehow the modern digital gps computer does look right.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice