What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Topeak Micro Rocket CB Pump fitted to second bike.
Both bikes are now fitted with there own saddle bags and pumps. Both ready to go where ever.

Thomson

I bought a proper bike pump with a gauge. Makes a huge difference now. Just used a hand pump for the last year. Wish I got one ages ago.

kynikos

Veteran
Hafny bar end mirror:

IMG_20190308_112147.jpg

...folds away nicely when not in use:

IMG_20190308_143349.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A Selle Italia Storica saddle via eBay thanks to @Soltydog

An Adidas XS men's jersey for my 14yo whilst he awaits his new team's kit as he's switched - again eBay as Evans hadn't got it

And as my family didn't get me a birthday present this week, this: a Ravensthorpe CC ltd edition jersey signed by the Tour de Yorkshire riders in 2019 plus others. The bid price, which ended up being just me, all goes to one of my club-mates who's been in hospital since last June following a life-threatening crash:

s-l1600.jpg

Not sure where it'll go though. Would wearing it on club rides be sacrosanct? :tongue:

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
A few days ago got delivered a new Wheels Manufacturing PF30 BB to replace the rubbish FSA one that came fitted to the Bianchi. It's 24mm so now just waiting on an opportunity to ditch the equally naff FSA Gossamer crank set and replace it with a 105 7000 series compact.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Are 27" tubes actually a thing? I didn't think there was any practical difference to 700c tubes.
Yes. About 8mm bigger diameter. You can usually stretch a large-width (38-45mm, say) 622mm tube to fit inside a 32-630 (a "proper" 27x1¼") without harm, but a 630mm one can fit noticeably easier. A 27x1¼" Schrader tube may be for a larger width than 1¼" anyway (which is part of why confusing non-ISO sizings suck) because a Schrader-drilled rim is usually wider than a Presta'd one so has a wider "ideal" tyre.

AlanW

Guru
Garmin UT800 front light, interesting concept, I hope it performs as good as the instruction manual suggests? That aside, its a cracking looking little light and superbly finished off.

Denis99

Über Member
Postman brought me an XTR double chainset today, and I fitted some extra bling also.

Wanted / needed the chainset to give me a better gear choice for my tourer.
Bought the bike second hand, but the gearing was a little suspect. It had 44/32 up front with 11-42 10 speed cassette .

The XT rear mech was struggling with the 42 and 36t when climbing.

Now set up with

40 & 28 up front with 11-36 cassette.

Fitting my old StemCaptain clock, and pure indulgence Spurcycle bell.

GR013099.jpeg
GR013099.jpeg
GR013100.jpeg
GR013101.jpeg

Top Bottom