What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
More downtube cable stops, this time not curved on the back. I believe this is my third pair this year. I have converted a 1986 Trek 600 to brifters, a 1986 Schwinn Passage tourer to bar ends, and will soon convert a 2011 Raleigh Sojourn to bar ends as well. If this keeps up, it may be cheaper for me to get a milling vise and set up the drill press and tap and die set, and make my own.

8mph

Veteran
A gold service for the tourer, which includes, 2x hub service, wheel truing, new cables all-round, headset stripped and regreased. I'm having the bottom bracket replaced and having 2 x Schwalbe Mondial 700 x 40mm wire bead tyres fitted.
Specialized rear rack.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A Sonderklasse track tyre
Two pairs of track nuts
A pair of valve extenders
Two 14 tooth sprockets
A vintage Carlton (yesterday)
And a TT bike (today) - cancelled by the seller "because the price was too low" :cursing: [seller reported to eBay]

Last edited:

DSK

Bell Helmet
Shimano Cleats
Shimano Shoes
24000 Lumens Front Light
LED Rear Light
GatorSkin Tyres
Shwalbe Inner Tubes
Shwalbe Tyre Levers
Shwalbe Rim Tape
Cateye Mirrors

Nebulous

Guru
Bought a new Hollowtech II bottom bracket. It arrived at 5:15 and I had it installed by 7:30. It came with the adaptor for the Park tool, and seemed more straightforward to replace than the old Hollowtech ones. My memory may be playing tricks though, as it is a long time since I did one.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Bought another bike:

s-l1600.jpg

That's my three winter 'projects' now bought.

Alex H

Legendary Member
A pair of Marathon Plus to replace the cheapo ones that came with the bike (and succumbed to a minute thorn giving me a slow puncture for the last 6 miles of the ride :angry:)

tom73

Guru
Cycle show freebies and a couple of bargain cycle mags.

Been wanting something that fit's in a pocket and don't need worry about remembering to take stuff out the saddle bag.
When out in town on the bike so bought this nifty carbon fibre muti tool tyre lever combo. Needed a mini chain breaker away way.
Uk made , life time guarantee and at the show offer price too good to miss.

Attachments

• IMG_3481.JPG
    IMG_3481.JPG
    124.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3482.JPG
    IMG_3482.JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 9

Tom B

Guru
Noticed that the outers on my everyday bike are worn through where they rub.

Found that Merlin sell SP41 outer in precut lengths. Sp bought some of that and two ss gear cables.

While there I bought a new spoon saddle, some winter gloves, some summer mtb gloves and a hip pop lock which will be perfect for the nursery run.

Dear those outers.

I didn't know Merlin were based at Chorley... Anyone know if they let you pick up?

Last edited:
Top Bottom