What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sixmile

Veteran
Carnac overshoes, toe covers and a spare Carnac lid, as it was just £13. I threw in two £1.99 26x4" tubes too. The rest of my order was just a job lot of those wall hangers as there were down to 99p each.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
The orange Carlton singlespeed has a 1.5kg iron crankset from China - so I've bought this:

s-l1600.jpg

Hopefully it'll be lighter. And it matches the frame/wheels/tyres/saddle/pedals/etc.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A Praxis GXP BB - only slightly more than the SRAM and it comes in BLACK, SRAM only do grey now. £5 more than SRAM and a damn sight better made, and the right colour ! :laugh:
Is this the road 68mm version for Apex/Rival and where from as I may need to be changing a couple of these soon.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Is this the road 68mm version for Apex/Rival and where from as I may need to be changing a couple of these soon.

MTB - it's the same, comes with Spacers - check out the Praxis website for the specification. It's the M24 version - didn't know there was one until I saw something on an MTB site and found it, just googled and Merlin Cycles came in with stock. You can download the fitting instructions to double check before ordering.

I'll post more when it arrives.

Tom B

Guru
I bought the services of a skilled wheelbuilder to refurb a wheel and recon a hub. And very nice it is too. Was amazed he preferred to repair the hub rather than replace. All in all a bargain at £20 labour and a few brew ups.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
MTB - it's the same, comes with Spacers - check out the Praxis website for the specification. It's the M24 version - didn't know there was one until I saw something on an MTB site and found it, just googled and Merlin Cycles came in with stock. You can download the fitting instructions to double check before ordering.

I'll post more when it arrives.
Many thanks for the info - I'll have to get one in stock ready. Can only be an improvement on the SRAM verions surely.

A new BB for the old Allez. Got it done at local bike shop here in Portugal, no tools here. Cost me 25 Euros with fitting and he re indexed all the gears which were a "bit sloppy" on changing. Don't know if that is good value or not but as long as it works ok I will be happy at that.

Bike is seven years old, first BB, done approx 15000 miles so shouldn't complain!.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Not today, but a couple of days ago, I bought a new olive and insert so I could shorten the hydraulic pipes on my Trek Fuel EX9. A mate already ad one. I just needed another, which was lucky, as AJ Cycles in Rushden only had a single one in stock!

£2.49 well spent..

Top Bottom