What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Treated my honey to a new drivetrain..

12 speed sram XO1..
Needed careful set up to get it spot on, wow i likey..
Early birthday prezzi, used the money from my Marin sale to pay for most of it.. I know FD drivetrain but you only live once:smile:

........ Part of the retention system on my old Bell lid has snapped with age (brittle plastic) so it's time for a new one. Spent a 'massive' £15.........

Oddly enough my Bell had to go in the bin a few months back for exactly the same reason. Wasn't really old enough to need replacing, and I was annoyed that new internal webbing wasn't available for the model that I owned. Crappy plastic used by Bell maybe?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Oddly enough my Bell had to go in the bin a few months back for exactly the same reason. Wasn't really old enough to need replacing, and I was annoyed that new internal webbing wasn't available for the model that I owned. Crappy plastic used by Bell maybe?

Its the second one I've had thats done it.But they were about 5 years old

Today
  • SRAM PC1130 chain.
  • Continental Quality Tour 26" x 1.1"-1.3"
  • Michelin Airstop Butyl 700c x 25-32
  • Shimano stainless gear inner wire.
In the last week or two;
  • Topeak Master Adaptarack.
  • SKS Blumels 35mm full mudguard set.
  • 4 x flexible brake noodles.
  • Schwalbe Durano Raceguard tyres, 1 x 700c x 28, 1 x 26" x 1.1" with tubes to match
  • Shimano in-line gear cable adjusters.
  • Stainless non-QR skewers with red anodised end caps.
  • Carbon strip to make mudguard brackets.
Planning to buy tomorrow
  • A load of red anodised screws of various sizes, some necessary, some for tarts-handbag value :smile:
Oh, did I mention, about a month back, an M5 M Racer (my very first 'bent)! :biggrin:

Pictures to follow shortly when fully tarts-handbagged up :shy: :laugh:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A pair of Michelin Pro4 Endurance tyres as Continental have discontinued the GP4000. Plus a water bottle to take the basket over £50 to get the £10 'new customer' discount (or at least a new email address used to register).

I bought a pair of Sidi Wire 2 Carbon shoes and a pair of Speedplay Zero Titanium pedals for my road bike. The pedals have arrived, but the shoes are still enroute and I'm not fitting the cleats to my old shoes so have to wait a little longer...

I also bought some Topeak mudguards for my Fixie bike that I keep in Amsterdam - unlike here, I can't avoid wet weather there!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Quality 'sockets'. Saw a bargain deal on Amazon for a set of metric sockets from 8mm upto 24mm down from £40 to £13 (Sealey) so I've snapped them up. Will be handy for fork servicing (big top cap nut) as well as stuff on the car.

I had bought a 100 piece screwdriver and socket set from Aldi last week for bike stuff, but my missus said 'oh is that for your brother's birthday' - so that got re-purposed (he was grateful as he has hardly any tools - the last set was when I bought him some when he moved into his house) - so these sockets will be more 'useful' to me. I've got fairly standard sockets, and nothing of this 'quality'.

Top Bottom