What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heigue'r

Veteran
Picked up a giant sl handlebar today when I picked up the frame,2020 tcr sl in rainbow black.I was going to go carbon on the handlebar but after having a chat with one of the guys at pedalon,I've stuck with aluminium for now.Ill get derailleurs and shifters ordered during the week and then have a little fettle

CXRAndy

Guru
50t chainring for my triple, Fitted to spider now after a little filing to chamfer the edges where they mount.

Also fitted the chain guard onto it.

Should make 50/36/26

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Bontrager Perf Line bar tape.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Park Tools PW-5 pedal wrench from a bike shop I was mooching around in.

I've been using a combination spanner for my occasional pedal changes, but it's a little too thick, and following a recent pedal loosening incident, doesn't provide enough leverage.

It will get a pathetically small amount of use, like all my tools, but I believe the old saying that money spent on quality tools is never wasted.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Not so much for the bike, but for me. My first pair of winter boots. I wore them on a 42km ride where it rained heavily from start to finish. My feet stayed warm and dry. I made a pair of high reflective ankle cuffs which kept the water from going in the top. Really happy with this set up.

tom73

Guru
Any excuse to go to a bike shop ;)

Two sets of metal mudguards for the commuter bike(s) as the current ones are gradually showing the effects of being out every day in all weathers and conditions for more years than I care to remember.

Now I think about it the current mudguards ware all scrounged off scrap bikes and skip finds so they've done pretty well.

One of them has ben held on for much of its life by a woodworkers angle bracket...

si_c

Guru
Some new helicopter tape to try to fix dynamo cable to the fork leg - the last lot worked its way free so will try again. If that doesn't work an alternative solution will have to be found.

Took my Giant Roam 2 into my LBS for its 6-week check. Ended up buying a pair of bar ends which they fitted. The ride home was even more enjoyable, can't believe I waited this long to get them.
View attachment 490172

I remember my first ride with bar ends, having a similar revelation; they're a fantastic invention.

Come to think of it I'm still using the same bar ends, so they've been working since the 1990's...

Last edited:
Top Bottom