What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Well, not technically today but a few days ago: three pairs of XLarge On-One Thicky Merino socks from Planet X. Unfortunately, they mistakenly sent three pairs of Small Carnac Thicky Merino socks....

I quickly popped onto their Live Chat and got it all sorted in a few minutes - so hopefully the right ones will arrive soon.

Also waiting for my studded winter tyres to be delivered tomorrow.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
New seatpost collar for the Commuter/Tourer.
Faffing about the with old one and the alu bolt snapped.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Two new Michelin Lithion tyres. I got a rear wheel puncture on my last imperial century ride. When I was fixing it I noticed that the tyre was so worn that a tiny thorn had managed to get through and penetrate the tube. One tyre is to replace that one and the other is a spare, since the front tyre is almost new and has a lot of life left in it.

The parcel arrived today. The Hermes driver carried out a detailed security check before handing it over...

"Are you ColinJ?"

"Yes"

[Gives me parcel]

"Sign here" [on electronic widget]

He examines my signature...

"Thank you, sir"

Sign here.png

:laugh:

footloose crow

Über Member
Two Michelin Pro 4 tyres, from Decathalon who had best price and free delivery over £30. They replace the one month old Continental Grand Race tyres that came with the bike. As I keep sliding around on the rotting leaves, cattle slurry and mud filled back roads of Cornwall, I persuaded myself that these new tyres would be better. Put them on this morning, went out for ride this afternoon.

I can't really tell the difference, except I didn't fall off or slide or skid but then the roads were cleaner today after all the recent rain has washed them.

However, I did get a number of Strava PBs so maybe they are faster even if they are not substantially grippier. Or maybe I was trying harder.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
A couple of bottle cages,very colourful😁 View attachment 490437
Ooh I like those. Where from?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Two new Michelin Lithion tyres. I got a rear wheel puncture on my last imperial century ride. When I was fixing it I noticed that the tyre was so worn that a tiny thorn had managed to get through and penetrate the tube. One tyre is to replace that one
What an absolute b*st*rd that was to fit! I can usually get tyres on and off without tyre levers but no chance with this rim/tyre combination. I ended up wrecking two tubes so badly that I gave up patching them. I have run out of spares and have a 100 km ride planned for tomorrow so I pinched the tubes from the bike that I have on my turbo trainer. Looks like I will be ordering a box of tubes next week, unless the LBS can do me a reasonable deal.

PS I dread having a puncture on that wheel in bad conditions with nightfall approaching!

The tyre I replaced was the same type but that one went on and off easily.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
Some new helicopter tape to try to fix dynamo cable to the fork leg - the last lot worked its way free so will try again. If that doesn't work an alternative solution will have to be found.

I used to use zip ties on mine which worked fine. When I built up the Wayfarer I decided to just wrap the wire around the fork leg with no other 'fixing' and it's holding just fine. Might be worth a try.

Top Bottom