What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
A pair of Schlosser Enfield locks from Amazon for the garage door, so the bikes don't escape.

Fitting the first one took about two hours, the second one about 25 minutes. Experience is a wonderful thing!

Just need not to lock myself out.

I have plenty of good lights for when I know there's a chance of darkness but I like to carry something in my pocket to cover that rare occurrence I'm caught out . The strap on my old Cateye Loop 2 front light snapped so I replaced the set with https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lezyne-led-femto-usb-drive-light-pair/

https://road.cc/content/review/268425-lezyne-femto-usb-drive-pair

Last edited:

DRM

Guru
Was mooching round TK Maxx yesterday, when I spotted what initially appeared to be a pair of clear lens sport glasses, cost £24.99, so I had a quick internet search to see what they were, turns out Adidas Evil Eye Evo Pro’s with the transition lenses retail for between £200 to £215, the lenses alone are £75 :ohmy: needless to say I went to the tills quite sharpish,

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Hope Pro 2 EVO / Pro 4 Hub Tool Kit and Nylon Wheel support

With two sets (and soon to be three) of hope hubs, it's probably more cost effective to replace bearings myself, rather than use the LBS every time

Sorry LBS :sad:

Not bought yet, but need to order a couple of chains for my CGR, as it's due for changing (& a spare)

Considering the Jobsworths at Planet X (as they have no 10-speed KMCs in stock)

2 KMC 10-speed chains arrived from 'Tweeks' in today post
They were on the kitchen table, when I got home at 18:30

Tomorrow afternoon, I'll probably (do this months) clean up the chain-rings, jockey wheels & cassette, before putting a new one on

Quadratica

Regular
Nothing....but my the things I have THOUGHT of buying would fill a novel.

Neck like tyson

Hi Guys. New to the forum. Just taken up cycling again to get the cardio back and lose some of the pounds. Been a while since I last donned the Lycra in public!! Hopefully not look so bad in a few months?!

Mrs M

Guru
Not so much for the bike but for yours truly
Another Altura waterproof jacket, grey (graphite) this time and a size smaller:hyper: (since I got the MTB). Also a pair of Altura steptoe gloves (to avoid postage charges), reduced from £14.99 to £4.99 :smile:
Bought a few items from discount cycles (Broadribb), good buys and quick delivery.

Top Bottom