What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bought a while ago but delivered today, new prescription cycling glasses from Extreme Eyewear - Oakley Flak 2.0 XL with Transitions Xtractive lenses & anti-reflective coating. Used some Christmas & birthday cash to slightly soften the blow to the wallet.
Exceedingly flash eyeware you now own. I would be beaming at people if I rode by with such.

Cycling_Samurai

I’ve never heard of a bike tune up, I presume oil the chain check the cables and indexing and pump up the tyres?
No the derailleur was adjusted and the rear wheel reseated. I don't have proper tools, rack, or experience in making such adjustments.

I imagine it is the six week check you get with a new bike. Having said that, if it was free they haven't bought it.
I was supposed to be charged but wasn't. But I did expend time in getting the bike looked at by a professional. So I would say it counts.

Reactions: C R
Not for the bike but as I enjoyed TDF book I bought his other for £4 and t’uther book. Might see a few of the Cyclist recommended rides this year too
78AD540A-057C-4997-93EE-F79D8408292E.jpeg

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Not for me, but for my son, a rear 50mm carbon wheel - it almost matches the front and both are new Novatec's. The very helpful seller agreed I could organise a courier for a collection only item and it arrived today. Came with a bonus wheel bag as well.

For use on his race bike for training until his new disc-brake race bike arrives, then they'll go onto his training bike.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I've had my eye on a SRAM Rival 46/36 chainset at PBK for a while and, for the first time that I can remember, I actually checked my emails while a 12% off offer for 2 hours was still valid. Plus those nice people at Paypal Credit let me have it on 0% interest if paid off within 4 months.

Trek Domane Al 3 Disc.........
Wheelbase had the Emonda AL5 (I think) in over Christmas. Really nice looking bike and couldn’t tell if it was Al or Carbon.
Some Domane AL in a bit back and super nice looking bikes. Will look good rested against the decking this summer after a ride out with the bbq going :okay:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Wheelbase had the Emonda AL5 (I think) in over Christmas. Really nice looking bike and couldn’t tell if it was Al or Carbon.
Some Domane AL in a bit back and super nice looking bikes. Will look good rested against the decking this summer after a ride out with the bbq going :okay:
It will.....look better affixed to the turbo in the man cave with sweat all over the floor, helping me shed some tonnage

Top Bottom