What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

weareHKR

Nukeproof.jpg

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A Dura-Ace crankset for son no. 2 - came up on eBay and then the seller offered £10 off so we bought it for the Ridley Noah Fast he's getting later this year.

It comes with a budget Rotor crank so we'll swap it for the Dura Ace or his current Rotor crank from his Cervelo race bike.

Last edited:

Hebe

getting better all the time
Muc-off refill pouch, drivetrain cleaner and some cleaning brushes. And an inner tube because it turned out that I didn’t have a spare in my saddle bag. Glad I spotted that in time.

A pair of speedplay pedals off Facebook market place with cleats. They are used but don’t look worn out. I’m interested in giving them a go with the real deal after my Chinaplay pedals were an epic fail, I couldn’t clip in even when all my weight on the pedal which turns out is because the cleat is too small for the pedal and hits the metal clamp! :rolleyes: Only £45 wasted, lol.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Indeed they do. When I put a new tube in the other week as tube just expired. I noticed tyre were also split in a few places. Nothing all the way through but they have done a lot of miles in their time.

A Midl of Lidl trip today, to get a second set of lights and a backpack. All good. Interresting to note that light-up backpacks and servicing stands were all gone within an hour of opening. Or hadn't yet made it to the shelves...
Note that they've modified the light set with USB-C sockets.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
A Midl of Lidl trip today, to get a second set of lights and a backpack. All good. Interresting to note that light-up backpacks and servicing stands were all gone within an hour of opening. Or hadn't yet made it to the shelves...
Note that they've modified the light set with USB-C sockets.

Our Lidl was the same with the workstand and saddles. I got there 15 minutes before opening and managed to get one of the narrowest saddles. I got a couple of pairs of glasses and also some of the spray chain oil.

Both the track and mini pumps seemed very good quality and I had a look at the multi tool which was good, but I don't like them.

Saddle already fitted hopefully get it tested tomorrow it's exactly the same size as what I am replacing just with a little more comfort.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Bought myself a Leyzne Energy Caddy XL £23 as opposed to £27+ at other retailers. Been eying up some Conti GP5000's too for £30 each but not pulled the trigger yet

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A Shimano 8000 52/36 crankset for me
Some valve extenders as Vittoria's stopped manufacturing their really useful ones so I want a few whilst they're still available
A new set of bearings for my son's Superstar Components winter wheelset

Oh, and a new bike that's arrived in over 100 pieces. Which helps because it needs a re-build. Before dismantling it looked like this:

Kingpin1.jpg

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Couple of bits this week. First a big length of waxed cotton so make a bike cover. Quick test fit with some pegs and then I'll put some eyelets and toggles on. Idea is not to keep it completely dry just keep some of the elements off it as it will be living outside as it is my errand bike.

Being cotton it's breathable so should do the job.

Second I was a Swedish army surplus tool roll which was too big when it turned up, but my mother in law tweaked for me and it's now perfect for the Wayfarer.

Top Bottom