What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Chain, after having an 'oops' with limiting screws on a new derailleur set up. It was OK on the stand . . .

I know that feeling...

Baldy

Über Member
A new set of brake pads for my mountain bike, just hope I've ordered the right ones there's so many similar ones.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Evans's own brand specs. Supposedly rrp £40, now £2.50.

Reactions: C R
The other day I was in Aldi and bought a rechargeable rear light and a D-lock, and when I was in Lidl a couple of weeks ago I bought a helmet with a flashing light on it. I haven't even got my bike yet!

ETA If I buy things along with my groceries, I don't 'count' the cost. Well, I do, but I simply avoid buying wine and smoked salmon in the week I buy other stuff from Aldi/Lidl.

Last edited:
Ain't that the truth, I was checking yesterday, and I have five pairs of pedals in the garage, on top of the pedals that are on the bikes.

But it's always a good policy to keep spares :angel:

Reactions: C R
@AuroraSaab if you are going there again soon would you get me a pair and post them onto me please? I’ll pay you and the postage too as it looks like they are still on sale at full price on the website? I’m north east, not north west. If not no worries, I’ll pass over and keep an eye out for others.

Baldy

Über Member
A new set of brake pads for my mountain bike, just hope I've ordered the right ones there's so many similar ones.
Arrived today so no complaints for their prompt-ness. Unfortunately their diameter is 1mm larger than the old ones and the little tag is 5mm wide whereas the slot it should fit into is only 4mm wide. The LBS would have been open today so after work I went around to see if they had the right ones in stock. They were closed even though it not actually a bank holiday in Scotland. All very frustrating.

Top Bottom