What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Baldy

Über Member
I could file the tag down to fit but getting a circle true is a little harder. Easier to get the right size I think.

postman

Legendary Member
The last thing bought for the bike was handlebar tape,and some Clarkes brake shoes and blocks,Two Christmas presents,the bike looks superb with them on,shame I am not riding,,Consultant asked me not to.my next meeting is middle of June,he did ring in May,but the phone blocked 🚫 the number so I missed my appointment.Well I intend to ask th why can't I ride cos I am totally cheesed off at the moment.The bike looks magnificent.

• Hugs
Reactions: C R

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Bought some glueless patches to fix a deflationary event on the Brompton. I had a teeny-weeny little screw in the tread of the rear tyre, that just made it through into the tube.
I might have to get a replacement Marathon for the rear soon, as the tread is noticeably worn after a mere nine years use...

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
The last thing bought for the bike was handlebar tape,and some Clarkes brake shoes and blocks,Two Christmas presents,the bike looks superb with them on,shame I am not riding,,Consultant asked me not to.my next meeting is middle of June,he did ring in May,but the phone blocked 🚫 the number so I missed my appointment.Well I intend to ask th why can't I ride cos I am totally cheesed off at the moment.The bike looks magnificent.
Sorry to hear that Postie. Hope you're back in the saddle before too long. I only realised how much I'd been missing the CTC pub rides when they started up again a few weeks ago.

lea_williams

A new crank for the Dutchie. I snapped a chainring tooth when shopping and, on inspection, several teeth haven't much thickness of metal left after nine years of riding through crap all year round. I expected them to go shark's fin first!

Nearest suitable Sturmey Archer part I found was in Australia, so a compatible has been ordered from sjs along with some consumables.

I‘m in need of a new Dutchie crank (I have an 8 speed) as I managed to break the right crank arm. I either have really powerful legs or the metal wasn’t up to much… could you please point me in the right direction? All I know is it has 33T.

Thanks!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I‘m in need of a new Dutchie crank (I have an 8 speed) as I managed to break the right crank arm. I either have really powerful legs or the metal wasn’t up to much… could you please point me in the right direction? All I know is it has 33T.
It was a "Mighty" brand crank bought I think from Anglian Motor Cycles (a local bike shop) but mine is a 3 speed so it is a 44T crank.

It is aluminium, while the original was steel. I suspect your original could have part-rusted.

Today in Wilkos I bought a puncture kit, 3 tyre levers, a spare innertube, a pair of fingerless cycling gloves, two little flashing lights - one white and one red, to add to the general Christmas tree effect - and a pump with a built-in pressure gauge (probably not very accurate!).
Oh, and in an 'outdoor' type shop I bought some lightweight walking shoes in the sale, and which seem to have a fairly stiff sole, and which are intended to become my cycling shoes.
I expect delivery of my bike next week - can't wait!

Today in Wilkos I bought a puncture kit, 3 tyre levers, a spare innertube, a pair of fingerless cycling gloves, two little flashing lights - one white and one red, to add to the general Christmas tree effect - and a pump with a built-in pressure gauge (probably not very accurate!).
Oh, and in an 'outdoor' type shop I bought some lightweight walking shoes in the sale, and which seem to have a fairly stiff sole, and which are intended to become my cycling shoes.
I expect delivery of my bike next week - can't wait!

You do realise that photos are mandatory now that you've announced this, don't you?

A pair of hubs, the rear with a rare Campagnolo 7 speed cassette fitting, to build a pair of HP/wired on/clincher/ whatever they’re called nowadays wheels for this,
View attachment 585518
My “new” Peugeot 753.
I’ve nowt against tubs, but the original wheels are pristine, even got the original Wolber tyres stored away safely, and it’s worth keeping them so for special occasions.

Baldy

Über Member
I've been having all sorts of trouble finding brake pads to fit my Mountain Bike. It says on the brakes that they are "Clarks CMD - 11" but they don't match the brakes in their catalogue under that number. My brakes have round pads with a small tag sticking out of one side. The CMD - 11's in the catalogue have oblong pads. I've tried various circular pads but none fit. I've just ordered some new brake callipers (Avid BB5 MTB disc brakes IS) I'm taking it these are standard fittings.

Dwn

Downgraded the wheels on my bike today. Swapped a pair of tubeless ready wheels for a set of clinchers. The comfort of being able to change the tyres without using a lever more than compensates for the extra weight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom