What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Plus I got a haul from CRC, the Welgo WAM D10 will go on the Holdsworth. Plus some new brake blocks, bar ends and presta adapters.

View attachment 624240
My pedals also turned up this afternoon - thanks for pointing them out on the Bargain thread. Quickly removed the toe clips & straps and fitted them ready to try them out tomorrow on the flat side for a shopping trip and clipped in for a longer ride.

Twilkes

Guru
After the local scrotes donated my Cannondale Optimo to themselves for Christmas, I bought a Boardman SLR 8.8 for £720 and brought it up to par with the following:
  • Shimano M520 pedals, £36
  • Bluemels mudguards in silver, £25
  • Cannondale Stage Ergo saddle, the same that was on the previous bike, £20
  • Out Front Magic Shine mount, £6
  • Memory Map Bike 250 GPS mount, £6
  • VEL bottle cages in blue, £9
  • DEDA bar tape in blue, £7
With the bags and bottles I already had it makes quite a racy Audax bike, if such a thing exists. I usually prefer black mudguards to match the tyres but the silver ones go really well with the frame, and the blues make it look a little less dull; no chance of a blue saddle but maybe a blue seatpost in the future... :smile:

The bike itself pretty much matches the Cannondale even though it retails for £300 less, very impressed with the build quality, and if it's heavier than the Cannondale it's not really detectable when lifting it up, let alone pedalling it up a hill. Even with the insurance excess I'm not out of pocket and about 99% as happy as I was before.

And if anyone knows where I can buy some 950ml bottles in blue then please let me know... :smile:

IMG_20220107_201513 crop.jpg

IMG_20220107_201600 crop.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I manages to bag a low mileage SRAM Apex full crankset for £33 delivered on Ebay this afternoon. It's just cost me more than that for a new Praxis GXP compatable BB from Tredz, but thanks to a discount code they sent at the end of last year a set of spare SRAM jockey wheels added to the order only cost £5.

The plan is to swap out the FSA crankset & Mega-Exo BB on my Giant flatbar when the BB on that gets a bit rougher than it is now.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Got a set of super b master link pliers, freewheel removal tool and a crank puller.

Also picked up a tub of bearing for bottom bracket service.

And most excitingly

20220113_174050.jpg

Sixmile

Veteran
These also arrived this week..

Alpkit Confucius Bars for my Whyte hybrid. Bars are a little wide but will be trimmed and wrapped up really comfy ^_^

New pedals after I wore the old set out yet again, that's the 3rd or 4th time at least. I've wore at least a aluminium pair of spuds touring pedals, an of 105 SPD-SLs, a resin pair of 105s, an Ultegra of spd-sl too. I got another pair of Ultegra as their foot plate has lasted best (it was the nose and heal that wore out) and on Wiggle they were only £10 dearer than the 105s in other places.

The hours are ticking down, just a few hours to go now….
First job… beer.
It’s malty and defo Mediterranean in taste, also happens to be served by my Turkish barber.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

FrothNinja

Veteran
Dipped my toes into clipless for the first time ever so have bought a set of Shimano pedals (PD-M520 I think) & a pair of Cruddy Fox MTB100s
DSC_0262a.jpg

DRM

Guru
The hours are ticking down, just a few hours to go now….
First job… beer.
It’s malty and defo Mediterranean in taste, also happens to be served by my Turkish barber.
Nice beer, I’ve had some of that in Northern Cyprus (Nicosia) on a red hot August day, most welcome

:eek: @bikingdad90 I am extremely concerned your not having your bike built by a highly trained Halfords cycle Technician.

It was supposed to be PDI checked but the last bike I got from them a few years ago was built up like a dogs dinner anyway by the same team and needed to be redone anyway, in a way I’m glad I’ve done it myself as I was able to check grease was in the correct places and the cables were running nicely with lube etc. Claris front mechs are just a bugger to adjust and get no rubbing on the inside and outside of the cages.

Ridgeback Roller

Über Member
A pair of TRP RG957 deep drop brakes for my SPA Audax. The Tektros I'm currently using have definitely seen better days, even with swisstop blue pads. I'm hoping the TRPs live up to the hype https://road.cc/content/review/115645-trp-rg957-deep-drop-brakes
£105 shipped from Taiwan as they seem to be out of stock everywhere in the UK. I'm just not ready for a disk braked road bike yet!

Attachments

• P1010204.JPG
    P1010204.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom