What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Didn’t buy today but arrived today. My left bar end shifter has been slipping unable to hold the derailleur on the big ring unless I keep tightening the bolt. Turns out a bit of plastic has snapped in the Dura Ace shifter. I’ve bought these diacompe pure friction and fully metal micro ratchet shifters. They also can change the friction level tool free. Their movement seems a thing of beauty. Hope to fit to bike later this week when I get time. No need to replace cable, just need to take ferrule off the end so can pull through, fit new shifter, then feed back through, and our new ferrule on. That’ll be about a 15 min job.

01D7BC33-2995-4AD4-AC60-4F7E5581BE44.jpeg

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Got rid of my road pedals and bought a set of spd adapters for my road shoes. I've been using the mountain bike spd cleats since 1998 and have them on my other bikes so thought I'd try them on the roadie.

90kEM1&tn=NPX9osCfWakWeobh&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr4-3.jpg

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
New tyres for the Gazelle arrived, but they sent the wrong tyre, right size. Plus a couple of spokes and a few other bits.

Also some sora straight bar brakes which may get tested on the Wayfarer.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Another 27 1 1/4" tyre for the Harry Quinn.

And another Novatec carbon rear wheel for son no. 2. He did some cobble practice last night before a cobble training camp this weekend in preparation for his first UCI race in Belgium in March. Which, oddly enough, has lots of pave since it's one of the classics. Not all the bike came back home :blink: *

* A decision has been made by me. He's doing the camp on Superstar Components aluminium wheels :whistle:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Work at the LBS on the NeilPryde TT bike they've finished for me as the cables were a pain to try and do; different bottom bracket (that fits!), chain and inner/outer cables.

A bottle cage for said TT bike.
A couple of track lockrings.
And some carbon tubular tyre glue as we've a couple of tyres that need glueing and I used the last of ours yesterday.

Sixmile

Veteran
Used Fly 6 and Fly 12 off Gumtree. Wish he'd listed these before i gambled on an ETC camera a few weeks back! ^_^

Attachments

• IMG_20220204_132327012.jpg
    IMG_20220204_132327012.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 7

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
All for the mtb.
Some continental contact cruisers and new rotors and pads, Some Kona P2 forks and a pannier rack from a friend, Handlebar roll bag and a lightweight 1 man tent.
29er is gonna be an all purpose utility/commuter/bikepacking machine this year as it never sees mountains anymore :rolleyes:.

Alex321

Veteran
Last night, two new sets of disc brake pads, from Decathlon.

Very confusing, because in the description ( https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/shimano-compatible-road-bike-disc-brake-pads/_/R-p-310553?mc=8562855 ) it says:

"Designed for replacing your disc brake pads. Shimano compatible: K02S/K03S/K04S/L02A/L03A/L04A

ORGANIC disc brake pads Compatible with Shimano callipers: Dura Ace R9170, Ultegra R8070, GRX, Metrea U5000, RS305, RS405, RS505, RS805"

Doesn't mention BR-R7070, which mine (105) are, but I know that the BR-R7070 use any of K04S Metal L04C Metal K02S Resin K03S Resin L02A Resin L03A Resin so these should be correct.

But then on the box, it says compatibility - Shimano Sora, with no mention of the rest!. You can actually see that in one of the images. I just hope the description is correct - I'll be trying to fit them tonight.

@Alex321 as long as the pad shape matches then it should be fine. The material used on the pads is usually interchangeable depending on the conditions you are riding in without the need to change the disc rotor.

Alex321

Veteran
@Alex321 as long as the pad shape matches then it should be fine. The material used on the pads is usually interchangeable depending on the conditions you are riding in without the need to change the disc rotor.
Yes, I know the materials are interchangeable, I'm just concerned the shape may be wrong - though reviews of the product are talking about using it to replace Ultegra pads, and those are definitely the same as the 105s.

Top Bottom