What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Bought some T400 pedals from Halfords ebay. Code PURE20 gets 20% off atm. Only got a bike at the weekend but I'm already looking for stuff for it lol.

Tacx flow turbo trainer (with BC discount plus work discount down to £165)
some degreaser and assorted cleaning paraphernalia
Michelin Pro 1 tyre (rear seems to have accumulated a load of cuts recently) :-(
Apple digital adaptor so can watch turbo sessions on the big screen (second hand from CEX)
Bit of an expensive day !
Oh, and now two tops from Sports pursuit (made by Kilpi, anyone heard of them?)...returns are decent of they turn out to be not so good! (cant put pictures up, apologies)
Bl00dy expensive day

Last edited:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
More for me than the bike, but new prescrption transition lenses from RX Sport to go in my Oakley frames as the previous set have become badly scratched over the past 4 years.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
A few bits and bobs over the last few days...
2 Zefal Classic bottle cages.
DHB bib shorts. Tried them. Damn they're comfy unlike that decathlon crap.
An Iwanson gauge to measure rim wear.
Some alloy plate. I'm refining my rear light mount and may make a better finished bottle cage mount adapter.
A set of metal/wood files. Handy for the DIY things above.
An Irwin vice...as above.

Drago

Legendary Member
Aheadset cap Garmin mount.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Jagwire gear cables. The Boardman Pro FS has had the cables in over 3 years. Decided its time to change the rear. Worn outer thats patched with electrical tape. Still shifts fine, but its due a change. Rear gear is mostly exposed cable, and is fine.

netman

Veteran
Small haul from Burley Cycle Jumble this morning... Cinelli Criterium bars, GB Randonneur bars (with a bag of spanners thrown in for free!), saddle bag support, CLB Sulky levers, lamp mount, Dia Compe cable clips, Brooks competition saddle... and a couple of books to read on holiday!

IMG_20190629_122453.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190629_122459.jpg
    IMG_20190629_122459.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20190629_122506.jpg
    IMG_20190629_122506.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 11

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Looking into Deore XT used bits for my Raleigh Sojourn project. Need to straighten the frame. But I saw @biggs682 s' Koga-Miyata, which appears to have a similar frame, and the Deore XT looked pretty good on that. The Sojourn came with pretty basic Shimano derailleurs and crank on it, at least in the States. I think cranks and bottom bracket may be outboard bearings in that group, so that'll be a new one on me.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Looking into Deore XT used bits for my Raleigh Sojourn project. Need to straighten the frame. But I saw @biggs682 s' Koga-Miyata, which appears to have a similar frame, and the Deore XT looked pretty good on that. The Sojourn came with pretty basic Shimano derailleurs and crank on it, at least in the States. I think cranks and bottom bracket may be outboard bearings in that group, so that'll be a new one on me.

If it works as well as it did on the Koga then you will be fine

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
That's rather what I'm thinking. Deore XT is always a good bet. I think the bicycle came with lower end Shimano group when it came out some years ago, and it seemed to be the main criticism beside the weight of the bicycle. Well, it's a tourer, so I'm bound to make it heavier anyway. Disc brakes will be nice, once I dial them in. There will be a lot of moving parts to this build. Literally.

Top Bottom