What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Several bits to finish my son's PlanetX Nanolight hillclimb bike build off:

- A new rear mech hanger as the one on it turned out to be twisted.
- A pair of 1175g 50mm carbon wheels - delivered as well by a nice seller who threw in a set of Swissstop carbon pads and a pair of titanium skewers. Top man [They were half the price of 24mm equivalent and only 50g heavier :okay: ]
- A Vittoria Crono EVO CS tubular tyre for the front. We've a Conti Competition for the rear.

Just need to fit everything together and it's ready for testing. Hillclimbs start early August so I've a month to make it race ready.

Also a Campag rear mech mounting kit and Shimano 105 front hub for the Dawes Kingpin build.

That's been an expensive day!

Last edited:

SafetyThird

Received my On-One Geoff bars today and realised that I'd forgotten to check the size of my current bars. Doh! Promptly ordered a new stem and some new brake and shifter cables to extend them for the wider bars.

Then accidentally won an Ebay auction for a Thorn Raven with Rohloff. Honestly, I thought someone would outbid me. Well, at least I don't have the hassle of fitting the Geoff bars to the old mountain bike now, I can just fit them to the Thorn instead. Guess I bought my dream tourer after all.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I didnt buy anything. But I found a short length of 5mm stainless steel wire in a bin at work and decided to maks a cafe lock for the bike. The loops are secured by copper ferrules pressed to 20 ton.

The wire goes round the frame, through the wheel and through the pedal. It cannot be pushed or pedalled away.

The bike is always close by when I am out. This is just a layer of free security and its very light. 😊

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I didnt buy anything. But I found a short length of 5mm stainless steel wire in a bin at work and decided to maks a cafe lock for the bike. The loops are secured by copper ferrules pressed to 20 ton.

The wire goes round the frame, through the wheel and through the pedal. It cannot be pushed or pedalled away.

The bike is always close by when I am out. This is just a layer of free security and its very light. 😊 View attachment 533701

View attachment 533702

View attachment 533703

Tidy bit of work and nice use of discarded stuff.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
I ordered a spare inner tube 2 weeks ago and had to contact the seller as it never arrived. It arrived today and guess what. It's the wrong size. I ordered a 20x1.75 tube and got a 20x1.0 Instead.

Gunk

Guru
I ordered a spare inner tube 2 weeks ago and had to contact the seller as it never arrived. It arrived today and guess what. It's the wrong size. I ordered a 20x1.75 tube and got a 20x1.0 Instead.

If that’s fleabay, I’m not surprised, I’ve had a nightmare with cycling stuff off the bay of dreams recently, mix ups, delayed deliveries, stuff not turning up, it’s just been rubbish.

razabbs

Bought another new Michelin Pro 4 Endurance tyre. I put 2 new ones on about 2 weeks ago, and got a puncture yesterday which left a significant gash through the tyre surface. Reluctantly replaced it :sad:

Top Bottom