What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Ball join splitter as recommended by Velocipedium on Youtube, it did a sterling job at removing the cotter pins from the project bike for my MIL.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A pair of Zipp TT bars, with extensions and Dura Ace brake levers for the NeilPryde Bayamo TT bike build.

It looks like I'll sell my Principia TT bike as a whole, rather than doing a frame swap, since the bars are the main part of the build but I'll keep the TT wheels. Anyone interested? :okay:

TT2_light.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
A pair of Aldi's cycling trainers - can be fitted with SPDs but I'll be using these as winter shoes on the bikes with flat pedals to save ruining my 5-Tens

https://www.aldi.co.uk/crane-grey-unisex-cycling-trainers/p/806923522913301
How do these size up? Lidl footwear seems to come up a bit small.
These were delivered today and my first impression after a quick try on was that they were a bit long for a size 10 and a loose fit, even with thicker socks on. This wasn't helped by being supplied with elasticated laces, so I've swapped these out for some normal laces which can be done up much tighter and they feel a lot better. Only sizes 7 & 9 left and for £20 they'll do for winter use.

My CoSpo HRM has started not reading over the weekend. It beeps instantly to indicate there's charge (which it should do as the battery was only new 2-4 weeks ago) and then 5secs later it beeps again to say its switching off. Tried a new battery anyway, a new strap, thoroughly made sure the contact points were clean but it's the same behaviour. It has actually been one of the most reliable (up till this) HRMs I have had and I was tempted to get another but I've took a punt on the TickR.

In all honesty I could survive without HR but it just gives me another load of stats to geek out on post ride :hyper:

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Had quite a bit arrive over the weekend.

Spa Nidd Saddle for my Brompton
Restrap handle for the Brompton
New tyres for the project Pannonia plus some new cables and a chain.
New handlebars for the Pannonia too

The Spa saddle has had its first 10km and pretty comfy so far.

chriswoody

Legendary Member
After much umming and ahhing, I finally pressed "buy it now" on a new Brooks Cambium C17 saddle for the gravel bike. The old saddle was far to narrow and hard and I've heard a lot of good things about these Brooks saddles. Unfortunately none of my local bike shops had any in stock, so I was unable to try it out, so I'm just crossing my fingers that it fits my bum.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Erm....kinda bought a whole bike! Koga Miyata, I was originally looking for bits to rebuild my trusty steed of 15 years as it is looking tired. I saw this for sale near by! Great spec, scarily light and me, the man who was at adamant one bike was enough! Now I can rebuild and paint my Rayleigh Royal a d still ride.

Attachments

• 20210921_174910.jpg
    20210921_174910.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom