What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrothNinja

Veteran
On Sunday the plastic clamp for the camera mount on my CX broke at over 30 mph. Luckily I caught it before it decked out, but I was bloody annoyed because it had only done 400+ miles - shows how rough the roads etc are around here.
Anyhoo, today I splashed out on a half price K Edge machined aluminium one with a lifetime warranty. The last thing means nothing of course - one could argue the lifetime of its predecessor was 400+ miles...

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
OK I treated myself and ordered a SPA Touring Triple and a new cassette, compatible not Shimano. Lets see how they play, will get a chain ordered too. Hopefully this will solve the slipping issues and will actually alter my gearing quite a bit, I am running a 22t on the small ring on the current setup but going to a 28 for now, so from 18 to 23 gear inches which I think will be fine for its current mostly road based activities but I may look at a 26t in the future. I used to tow my youngest on his Weehoo with this so the low gear was useful, but those duties have now been transferred to my GT.

Conversely my high gear will go from 105 to 115 gear inches which I think will be fab for the Manchester to Blackpool ride.

8mph

Veteran
An Osprey backpack, it packs down very small and weighs about 100g

16524542607694886047465277351681.jpg

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Got yet another freebie 26" MTB wheel, a rear one this time with QR and a smooth sounding 7 speed freewheel. Why are people chucking these 26ers? This one looks decent quality too, didn't come off a very low end catalogue store model. :rolleyes: Found it leaning against the fence outside some industrial premises. No other bike bits just the wheel. Cheapo Chinese knobbly with plenty of tread, tube flat and has a small puncture hole in it.

Got yet another freebie 26" MTB wheel, a rear one this time with QR and a smooth sounding 7 speed freewheel. Why are people chucking these 26ers? This one looks decent quality too, didn't come off a very low end catalogue store model. :rolleyes: Found it leaning against the fence outside some industrial premises. No other bike bits just the wheel. Cheapo Chinese knobbly with plenty of tread, tube flat and has a small puncture hole in it.

The vagaries of fashion, I suppose...

Mind, as a shortarse, a 26 inch wheel is as big as I want to go anyway, so stuff fashion. Because otherwise I'll need crampons and oxygen kit to get on the bike. :laugh:

Well, if you never try, you never know, I guess. Have you tried longer cranks?

To be honest, no. We're a bit short on bikes in the InGermany household, so whatever happens the original will be used. Elder Son (20) will try and claim it under builders rights, but faces a challenge from Youngest Daughter (6 but highly ambitious).

If the bigger version is too big for me, then Elder Son will try for that instead on the basis he's taller than I am...

Last edited:
Top Bottom