What have you bought for the bike today ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roley poley

Über Member
A new bottom bracket after cycling through a flood a couple of weeks ago.

yep done it myself ...so sealed bottom brackets aren't what they say on the package for that sort of thing then !!

GeekDadZoid

Über Member
Bought a new helmet today. I had broken the clip on my Planet X MTB one and decided to buy something with MIPS so got the red one of these.

https://road.cc/content/review/specialized-align-ii-helmet-292443
That was speedy delivery. About as good as any helmet looks on my head.
IMG_20230213_165613.jpg

FishFright

More wheels than sense
The £5 DHB and £24 Brand X helmets turned up today.
The DHB is fine and fits ok.
The full face fits snugly and my existing goggles work well with it , bar where they touch the bruising.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A set of Swissstop brake pads plus a pair of shoes. Not that I need any road shoes but ...

Oh, and I've a pile of stuff coming from Wiggle (helmet, MTB shoes, 27" tyres) due to the Bargains thread.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Taking advantage of a 'Valentines' eBay offer between 12-1pm I picked up a RH Ultegra shifter.

Just ordered a couple of commuter slicks in 26 x 1.75" for the commuter MTB. Current route is mainly paved off road so these should roll better than land cruisers or snow studs. Be scalping all the road bikes on the Fallowfield Loop with these.
Sounds good. My rebuild of the Marin will use some 54-559 City Jets, which are now discontinued. When (if!) I wear those out, will have to look for something completely new.

Top Bottom