What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
More (final this time :rolleyes::laugh:) fiddling with dynamo cabling;this time with braided cover and tidier routing.

Main bonus is it still all works :smile::whistle:.

IMG_1548.jpg
IMG_1547.jpg
IMG_1544.jpg
IMG_1546.jpg
IMG_1545.jpg

Tom B

Guru
I got round to fitting Schwalbe Ice Spiker tyres onto my £5 Dawes Tekarra MTB, along with SPD/flat pedals.

Now just to bed them in ...

I have spare wheels with my spikes on.
After 10 days of snow and ice I yesterday swapped them off and put my normal wheels back on. Went out for a ride and the front disk felt a bit grumpy, came home and cleaned them, noticed the pads were thin so changed them.

A few days ago I decided to go the long way home from work through a very muddy gritty park / river bank / muddy paths.

I was amazed to get 6 miles with my chain like this. Luckily the LBS was still open and I was able to effect an emergency quick link repair. I had already planned to replace the chain, cassette and rings the following day hence the horrendous state of them and the decision to get even more filthy.
387504-1c59a6b3b2b91e267cf2f5c802761f01.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_2127b.jpg
    DSC_2127b.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Fitted a rear mudguard no problem and quickly adjusted the stays. The front guard was more of a pain though, as the brake bolt had seized and doh I rounded it trying to remove it. So I soaked it in WD40 and disconnected the front brake left it for a few hours and relatively easily in the end unscrewed the brake from the front and tapped the seized/rounded bolt. The bolt tightens OK but loosening is a bit more of a problem. I guess its a walk to the lbs tomorrow to get a new bolt. Hopefully he has one

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Fitted a set of SKS Bluemels mudguards to the road bike today. Had to trim an inch off the stays to fit and they have gone on nicely. Look forward to road testing it in the week. :smile:

Started to re-do the cables on the Robinson;front gear cut and on plus new Jagwire Elite sorted and ready to go on.

Probably won't finish today as trying to do it right first time:rolleyes::rofl:.

Tom B

Guru
Took the trailer to the shops today (genius move avoided all the traffic). I think I took about a thousand miles off the tyre with all the slipping with the hills around here and the chrimbleshopping whoopsies.

When I got home I couldn't get one of the stub axles out to fold it up. Eventually managed with a hammer and drift. Cleaned and greased the mount. I just need some new tidley innertubes for it now.

bpsmith

Veteran
Fixed a puncture. Then another about a mile later. This was whilst it was hammering down and temperature had dropped like a stone typically. Walked the bike to Halfords, as I had forgotten my second tube after washing the bike earlier in the week.

Under the lights inside, my mate finally found the culprit, being a piece of glass that could barely be seen from either side of the tyre unless flexed at an odd angle. This was after a thorough inspection from both us a couple of times.

Never had a puncture in 7,500 miles, so I guess that I was due!

Top Bottom