What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've got to change a tube on the carbon so I can use it on the turbo. Expect is another dodgy Halfords tube with a leaky valve as this was new the only time I've ridden that bike outdoors this year :blush: and I repaired a puncture while out

I'll check the tube however

Maybe the bike is offended at its neglect...well if it took a rack and mudguards :whistle:

More faffing with dynamo wiring and gluing tyre cuts.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I have been scrubbing some Deore LX groupset that I got on a small MTB in a thrift store, I think they though it was a kids' bicycle, so I got it for small coin, and am moving the parts over to my Raleigh Technium Citylite, which I stripped of all its crustiness Sunday. Then we tackle the BB. This will be a fine, lightweight 26" tourer when done. I can hardly wait for Spring, to get some miles on it.

Domus

Guru
No stickiness on socks or feet after 19 miles in the cold, an improvement but not the toastiness expected. Back to the drawing board (kitchen table)

Cleaned the bike earlier. When I wiped the tyres down I must have pressed something into the tube slightly . Just before I went to bed I noticed it was a bit spongy. Took the tube out and pumped it up to see where the hole was, half an hour later it was still at the same pressure so I put a new tube in. But after refitting and examining the tyre I decided to put a new one on I was expecting a struggle to fit new rubber but it went on easily

GuyBoden

Guru
Refitted my Suntour Power downtube shifters. Great friction shifters.

$_1.jpg

bpsmith

Veteran
Got the MacBook up to date for Zwift and linked to TacX ready for squeezing some Winter “rides” in at random times when no real ride time available.

Did 10 miles on the London circuit last night. Box Hill wasn’t as epic as it’s suggested it is. Might be different in the real world, or could be that I am used to proper climbs in Wales. :smile:

Top Bottom