What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

si_c

Guru
Yesterdays ride resulted in thick mud being caked to the bike. Everywhere.

Full clean down, checked chain, new chain.

At least the drivetrain is sparkling again.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Gear shifting has been off for the last month or so, ordered a new derailleur hanger yesterday, arrived today. Fitted this afternoon, the old one was actually twisted, and can now get all the gears again.
Haven't you had an off in the last couple of months (seem to remember some pics of blood and gore at some point)? This could be when the hanger got damaged?

si_c

Guru
Haven't you had an off in the last couple of months (seem to remember some pics of blood and gore at some point)? This could be when the hanger got damaged?

Yeah, I came off on a cattle grid at the end of November, bashed myself up pretty good then. The derailleur got pretty chewed up too, although it's only cosmetic, the hanger was a bit out then, but I just bent it back enough to get it working OK. I've been putting up with the suboptimal shifting because I ride nearly every day, and getting back in the dark I've not had the opportunity to inspect things properly.

I've been cleaning up a pair of Weinmann brake levers.

Attachments

• IMGP6818.JPG
    IMGP6818.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMGP6825.JPG
    IMGP6825.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMGP6826.JPG
    IMGP6826.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 81

Thomson

You know what I mean lol. Will see how it goes don't think I will need it any more adjustment on it.

Yesterday was another change for the Trek utility bike.

Now has 9-speed XT mech,Gusset chain,Sun-Race cassette and Altus shifter.
Also put on fork from the LB Robinson,SP dynamo/Halo front wheel, old Hope hydrauliccaliper/lever combo and an old(but good nick) front rack.

Still need to fit front and rear B&M lights and wider rimmed rear wheel and source some better cranks.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I'll probably empty out the bottom bracket shell (no doubt its flooded in water)

I was right. I almost needed my rubber arm bands to escape the tidal wave that escaped from the bikes bowels.
Broke the camera bracket trying to get it to not slip on the flat bar. It's taper makes metal on metal clamps slide down to the narrower end of the bar. Salvaging part of that clamp along with some P clips allowed me to make a cam mount that fits the rear rack :biggrin:
New brake cables trimmed and v brake arms fitted and all works fine....at least it does in the kitchen. Test run when I get a chance hopefully at the weekend.

Domus

Guru
Had a strange clicking/rubbing noise from the front wheel over rough tarmac, ie all the time, yesterday.

Checking the bike over it seems the front mudguard was cracked just under the front forks. When removing said mudguard the thing dropped on he floor and the crack became a fracture. :angry: It is now taped up on the bench with two strips of ally covering the joint sitting in a bed of epoxy. Hoping for a ride tomorrow, fingers crossed.

Top Bottom