What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Serviced my oldest sons rear hub on his MTB and fitted new disc brake pads front and rear. Rears were down to the metal.....

Also fitted a new bottom bracket to the hybrid, an m8000 hollowtech this time. Why is it always the LH cup that fails? I have a rapidly filling box of good RH bearings.

Has anyone seen my rack bag , it seems to be missing

si_c

Guru
Serviced my oldest sons rear hub on his MTB and fitted new disc brake pads front and rear. Rears were down to the metal.....

Also fitted a new bottom bracket to the hybrid, an m8000 hollowtech this time. Why is it always the LH cup that fails? I have a rapidly filling box of good RH bearings.
I think it's probably related to the right crank transmitting power directly through the drive train, whereas the left hand has to pass through the axle. @Yellow Saddle probably has a better/more complete explanation.

mgs315

Adjusted the front mech on the tourer, marked the seat post with tape then removed it to regrease and cleaned the inside of the seat tube using a rag and a wire coat hanger

Reminds me I need to do that tomorrow. Creaking when pedalling but I reckon it’s the seat post. Driving me nuts but I keep forgetting when I get off the sodding thing.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Set up the synchronized shifting on the Di2, will give it a try on Saturday. :okay:

ChrisEyles

Guru
New brake cables and gear cables on my work MTB, a job I'd been putting off for ages. Re-greased the headset (which really needed doing) and hubs (which weren't too bad, though the rear races are pitted so it's impossible to get the bearing pre-load just so).

Tried to fit a different RD I bought a while ago to make the whole drivetrain matching STX, but found the cage was a bit bent and there was a lot of play in it, so switched back to the old unexciting but perfectly servicable AceraX one again, and swapped the jockey wheels over as they were getting a bit worn.

Took an embarassingly long time in total but all finished tonight! Looking forward to taking it out for a spin at the weekend.

D

Deleted member 1258

Took the cranks off the commuter, removed the worn big ring, took the new one out of the packet. Ooops. Ordered the wrong BCD. Back in packet. Cranks back on. Bugger.

Been there done that, I forget who I ordered it off but I returned it and they supplied the right one.

D

Deleted member 1258

I'd left the chain on a bit too long to re-use the cassette so I fitted a new one of each tonight (chain and cassette).

I recon I might have the same problem on my geared bike when I start using it again in the spring, I covered just over 3000 miles last summer so it will definitely need a new chain before I ride it, but the cassette is on its second chain and I might not get away with a third one.

Top Bottom