What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I finally got around to starting my DT Swiss XR 331 wheel build with dynamo hub. I decided on the build to shave off 1.2kg from my touring rims and upgrade to schwalbe g-one tubeless tyres. Shortly after starting I realised that the supplied squorx nipples provided won't go in with a normal nipple driver, instead you need to fork out for their proprietary tool, damnit. Need to wait a few days for delivery.

ADarkDraconis

Cardinal Member
After much fussing with the new rack over two days, I realized that no matter how I tried to fiddle it would just not fit (not enough clearance, was mashing the fender into the wheel) so back to the shop it went. New one on with room to spare in no time! Super pleased, it is bigger and heavier than I wanted/need but it should hold up well.

Last edited:
My rear derailleur hasn't been springing back for a while Ive repeatedly cleaned and lubed it and got a bit more life out of it but I finally bit the proverbial bullet and changed it. I cheated though and used the old cable which is running smooth, as I spent too long cleaning the bike, leaving me to set the limit screws and index the gears only. Fortunately everything is still running smoothly :-)

Attachments

• IMG_20180223_170647_438.jpg
    IMG_20180223_170647_438.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 34

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Pulled out the Raleigh Pioneer Trail and Dawes Tekarra for winter duty next week; cleaned and prepped.

My Eastway broke it's rear mudguard this week and has started to creak. Mudguard removed and clip-on fitted, new front brake pads, copper grease into bottom bracket area.

Then the embarrassing bit: the Peugeot I've had for about 5 months just needs wheels fitting properly. I had been re-building a nice pair, only to find they were 700c and the ones the bike came with were 27". Oh dear! The 27" front's fine but the back needs work; my next job.

the stupid one

Über Member
Repaired the tyre which p*nctured on Thursday. Took off both wheels, gave them a good clean and checked for any other damage. Cleaned the bike. Put the wheels back on, checked brakes and gave the rears a bit of a clean, cleaned and lubed the chain, indexed the gears.

My hands are filthy.

Top Bottom