What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
Gave the Vengeance a going over today to ensure she’s in tip top shape.

Adjusted the brake calipers as the pads were slightly rubbing the discs.

Altered the angle of the handlebars to prevent pins and needles when riding (I’ve already got the handlebars as high as they will go).

Indexed the gears and found I couldn’t get into first gear as the lower delimiter screw had altered itself too far. Now all gears work beautifully. Front derailleur was fine.

Tightened the bolt for the front mudguard and all bolts on pannier rack.

And generally satisfied myself that everything is in fully working order. ^_^

Just need to mickle the chain next.

Last edited:

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
Took my flat pedals off the Toughroad, gave them a good scrub and dry then fitted them to the Diverge. Back indoors watching Jeremy Kyle with a nice egg mayo and monster munch sandwich and the postman turned up with my new Raceface pedals I bought off @djb1971 on here! Quick cuppa then ventured to the garage to fit them to the Toughroad.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Not today, but yesterday, swapped the Schwalbe Duranos (wired) for Vittoria Voyager Hyper folding tyres on the Spa Elan now that the worst of the weather (should) be over. Only once they were off did I find a cut in the rear Schwalbe that consigned it to the bin!

Elysian_Roads

Took my flat pedals off the Toughroad, gave them a good scrub and dry then fitted them to the Diverge. Back indoors watching Jeremy Kyle with a nice egg mayo and monster munch sandwich and the postman turned up with my new Raceface pedals I bought off @djb1971 on here! Quick cuppa then ventured to the garage to fit them to the Toughroad.
This reminded me I was going to do some pedal purchasing and swapping. Must go and have a look!

Elysian_Roads

"Altered the angle of the handlebars to prevent pins and needles when riding (I’ve already got the handlebars as high as they will go)". Have a similar problem on the runabout if I ride it any distance, so may give that a try. Hmm this thread is definitely dangerous to follow, as the fettling tasks are now piling up.....

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Not the postie, but the nice Amazon driver:
View attachment 398708

Can you guess what I'll be doing one night this week..? :rolleyes:

Since I'd actually managed to get home from work while it was still (just) light, tonight the Giant was fettled ready for the weekend.
Unfortunately half way through the wash the bulb in the outside light failed, meaning it was then a rush to finish it while I could still see...:rolleyes:
Then dried off and inside to thoroughly degrease the chain, then dry and apply the C3.
A quick squirt of GT85 on the other moving parts and a bit of air in the tyres and we're ready to go. :okay:

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
After last weeks ride in the snow the ICE Trice Q needed a good clean. Noted the front tyres wearing on their edges, so swapped left-right to get some more miles out of them.
Cleaned and reversed the lower jockey wheel on the commuter to minimise the rough running until I buy new ones.

jayonabike