What Have You Fettled Today?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by threebikesmcginty, 29 Sep 2011.

1. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

Fitted a tortec rack to the trike earlier, fixed the rear light to the rack..

Attached Files:

dave r likes this.
  2. I like Skol

I like Skol Hold my beer and watch this..........

Serviced my oldest sons rear hub on his MTB and fitted new disc brake pads front and rear. Rears were down to the metal.....

Also fitted a new bottom bracket to the hybrid, an m8000 hollowtech this time. Why is it always the LH cup that fails? I have a rapidly filling box of good RH bearings.

dave r likes this.
  3. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

Has anyone seen my rack bag , it seems to be missing

4. si_c

si_c Über Member

I think it's probably related to the right crank transmitting power directly through the drive train, whereas the left hand has to pass through the axle. @Yellow Saddle probably has a better/more complete explanation.

5. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

My dog ate it.
    Apologies.

NorthernDave likes this.
  6. roadrash

roadrash cycle chatterer

no wonder I cant find it :wacko:

7. arch684

arch684 Veteran

Adjusted the front mech on the tourer, marked the seat post with tape then removed it to regrease and cleaned the inside of the seat tube using a rag and a wire coat hanger

dave r and mgs315 like this.
  8. mgs315

mgs315 Well-Known Member

Reminds me I need to do that tomorrow. Creaking when pedalling but I reckon it’s the seat post. Driving me nuts but I keep forgetting when I get off the sodding thing.

dave r likes this.
  9. Asa Post

Asa Post Small lungs, weak legs

Switched the tyres on the spare wheels from 23mm Continental Ultra Sports to 25mm Gatorskins - to see if they'd go on the bike without rubbing on the mudguards.

And they fit beautifully :wahhey:.

dave r and NorthernDave like this.
  10. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

Set up the synchronized shifting on the Di2, will give it a try on Saturday. :okay:

dave r likes this.
  11. ChrisEyles

ChrisEyles Veteran

New brake cables and gear cables on my work MTB, a job I'd been putting off for ages. Re-greased the headset (which really needed doing) and hubs (which weren't too bad, though the rear races are pitted so it's impossible to get the bearing pre-load just so).

Tried to fit a different RD I bought a while ago to make the whole drivetrain matching STX, but found the cage was a bit bent and there was a lot of play in it, so switched back to the old unexciting but perfectly servicable AceraX one again, and swapped the jockey wheels over as they were getting a bit worn.

Took an embarassingly long time in total but all finished tonight! Looking forward to taking it out for a spin at the weekend.

dave r likes this.
  12. I'd left the chain on a bit too long to re-use the cassette so I fitted a new one of each tonight (chain and cassette).

dave r likes this.
  13. Elybazza61

Elybazza61 Veteran

No actual bike work but work has begun on the shed re-arrangement

14. si_c

si_c Über Member

Took the cranks off the commuter, removed the worn big ring, took the new one out of the packet. Ooops. Ordered the wrong BCD. Back in packet. Cranks back on. Bugger.

Leaway2, ChrisEyles and dave r like this.
  15. dave r

dave r The Little Diesel

Been there done that, I forget who I ordered it off but I returned it and they supplied the right one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice