Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by threebikesmcginty, 29 Sep 2011.
Is that the weight saving in your wallet?
You have to support your LBS. Its part of the kids inheritance, They will not miss it.
Ah those would be "Original brake pads" made by Discobrake (.com)
Dyno wheel turned up from SJS, tyre and tube fitted, fitted to winter bike, spun the wheel and made electrickery.
It be witchcraft
Light should be here soon
Even more witchcraft.
A partial fettle for me today. I popped the Roubaix in to the lbs last Friday to diagnose rear mech issues while I was working away and picked it up again today - I had bought and fitted a 'bargain' pair of R6870 Di2 mechs on eBay and the rear wouldn't shift in to the top two sprockets Turns out it's knackered so it's going back to the seller who has been very reasonable about it. I found a brand new one for not much more money at chain reaction so have ordered it for delivery tomorrow. I've also swapped the first of the levers for an older R785 unit which works electrically but I have run out of olives so can't connect the brake hose until tomorrow I'll pop the other R785 lever on tomorrow hopefully when my olive stocks have been replenished With mechs and shifters swapped tomorrow it will be all ready to sell when the time comes. The R8050/8070 bits that have come off are all cleaned up and ready to fit to the new frameset when I've chosen and ordered it
Oh, and I took the opportunity to give it a polish with some Velo21 carnuba wax I'm more than a little concerned I'm going to want to keep it...
I've almost completed the fettle now - everything is installed, just some minor adjustments needed. The Di2 battery is dead so is currently charging - when I get back from dinner I'll check the firmware is all up to date and adjust the brake calipers as the new discs are rubbing slightly It's all working beautifully, I shouldn't have any trouble selling it when the time comes
I also cleaned the Bianchi after taking it out on the club ride this morning while the Roubaix was in bits
Minor jobs; cleaned my 14yo's Carrera Tanneri winter commuter and my Wilier Montegrappa.
Then cleaned the paintwork and head badge plus mudguards on the 1950 Raleigh Sports with Autosol: standard polish didn't do anything. Finally, I re-painted the red parts of the Raleigh head badge - went over a couple of lines by a tiny bit so I'll clean that off once it's got tacky. It looks much better being shiny although any paint marks will stay.
Firmware updated on both shifters and replacement discs trued, turns out the calipers were quite well centred afterall I was due to take part in my second reliability ride of the year tomorrow but having looked at the weather forecast I might not bother, the first one was grim enough and this one is looking just as wet but with the added bonus of 30mph wind
New pads fitted on the Trek utility's rear mini v's and measurements done on the Robinson for the di2 cables.
Cleaned, polished, lubed and re-indexed the commuter None of which really needed doing but the SO is out with friends and I was at a loose end so
I love this bike, it's potentially even my favourite which is a bit weird If I had to keep two and get rid of the rest it would be this and the Stumpjumper I think...
Quite like them too. Just no one has them near me
Chains cleaned & lubed on 6 bikes.
Gear changes adjusted on 3 of these by sorting out the play in the cables.
Gear changes on 4th bike (29er) required use of hanger adjustment tool & cable play sorting. This bike also needed a quick clean.
Swaped the casette on the 7th bike from 11-28 to 12-25 with the 11-28 going on to the spare wheel.
Nothing done on the 8th bike as it's only been ridden once this year, and that was in the dry.
The Shimano XT rear calliper on my bike seized after about 15 months/3,000 miles/a set of pads.
I was a bit disappointed given it is supposedly a premium component, and Shimano flat bar discs are usually reliable.
New one was £50, but it's supposedly upgraded.
That does look nice
Separate names with a comma.