What Have You Fettled Today?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by threebikesmcginty, 29 Sep 2011.

1. Rickshaw Phil

Rickshaw Phil Overconfidentii Vulgaris Moderator

This is a mineral oil system. The only thing I can think is that the seals are better at keeping oil in than they are at keeping water out since there has not been any outward sign of fluid leaks anywhere in the system.

dave r likes this.
  2. CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

Ive found Shimano calipers decent. I tend to see one piston is slower to move than the opposite, which will be internal friction/seal tightness. I had the same when I upgraded to Hope 4 pot calipers. 2 pistons were reluctant to move, so I held back the easy moving pistons and forced the others to move. A tiny pop from the pistons then they were moving freely. I guess it was how they were assembled and needed the seals to settle into position

Rickshaw Phil and dave r like this.
  3. Elybazza61

Elybazza61 Veteran

Pah! can't be any good no Di2 on it:whistle:;)

tom73, derrick and JhnBssll like this.
  4. derrick

derrick The Glue that binds us together.

Fitted aero drop bars on the bike yesterday, gave them a little tweak today raised the shifters up a bit, i find the top of the bars are so comfatable, as they are so flat, so it's a nice big area to put your hands on.

dave r and JhnBssll like this.
  5. LeetleGreyCells

LeetleGreyCells Cycliste en formation

Fitted my two new Schwalbe X-One Allround Evo tyres (700x33c) that come with fetching tan side walls :wub: and EDC brake pads for Tektro Mira callipers front and back. Unfortunately, I can't test everything out as it's raining (a lot) :sad:.

The bike is looking good :becool:. To finish it off, I just need lightweight bottle cages in orange (already sourced, but £10 each and I've already been told 'definitely not yet' by my better half).

6. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Cleaned my son's Boardman AirPro and my Raleigh Pioneer, although I need new brake pads for that so they're ordered. I've realised the brake pads are probably the originals - so I've had 750 miles riding on a pair of 23 year-old brake pads. Not bad value!

Then prepped by Ridgeback Platinum for tomorrow night's North Riding 300 audax. Still not sure about riding for various reasons but everything's ready.

raleighnut, JhnBssll and dave r like this.
  7. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

Rerouting the dynamo wiring along the downtube, I discovered this unsightly mess thanks to the Pletscher kickstand.

20190307_214705.jpg

Not a happy bunny :angry:

dave r likes this.
  8. JhnBssll

JhnBssll Über Member

Eek, that's made a mess :sad:

9. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

:eek:

dave r likes this.
  10. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

I believe Pletscher deliberately make the weight bearing part of the stand dig into the bike in a crude attempt to prevent it slipping to stop the stays being crushed by overzealous idiots overtightening the clamp.

20190307_224937.jpg
    Hence the raised ridges.

dave r likes this.
  11. JhnBssll

JhnBssll Über Member

Just re-bled the brakes on the Roubaix after swapping the shifters over last week. They were passable before but feel great now :okay: Also swapped the black disc bolts on the commuter for blue ti jobbies :shy: I also machined a mil or so off the side of the disc caliper and repainted it as it was catching on the spokes in certain conditions which isn't ideal :laugh:

12. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

IMG_20190309_110903364.jpg IMG_20190309_110907492.jpg IMG_20190309_132344773.jpg No fettling but I have made a banana loaf

13. tom73

tom73 Über Member

oh the old Be-Ro book always a good simple go to book.

Leaway2 and JhnBssll like this.
  14. CXRAndy

CXRAndy Veteran

Fitted another saddle to my single speed. I put on my favourite type of saddle- ISM no nose cut out. I have these on all my bikes, no pressure or rubbing on my softer parts

Illaveago and dave r like this.
  15. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Iccle bodge to my GXP BB - the drive side cap keeps moving away from the bearing, so I used a bit cut out of a road tube to act as a spacer, to fit between the cap and the spider,

Illaveago, dave r and JhnBssll like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice