What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Cleaned the Wilier Montegrappa commuter because the Raleigh Pioneer only had 3 brake pads. Then ...

A new full set of brake pads arrived today for the Raleigh Pioneer; I think the old ones were original so were 23 years old. And in need of changing. It's now got some nice Clarkes ones fitted. Total cost: £5 from Bankrupt Bike Parts.

Last edited:

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
6F6822F1-38B4-44A7-9ADD-112569EBAA7C.jpeg
0D1833BD-2949-4744-AEAB-750B6EF88572.jpeg

Spent an enjoyable couple of hours devising and making a tablet holder for when I’m on the turbo trainer. I cobbled it together from some scraps of board leftover from when I did out the loft. I first mounted it to an old speaker stand but with the weight of the iPad it was a tad more unsteady than I’d have liked. So I took it off and used the clamp on my Lidl bike maintenance stand to hold it. Adjustable height/angle and rock solid! Me pleased :laugh:

Last edited:
Stripped down the Robinson and gave it a good clean in prep for a re-fresh;

IMG_3249.jpg

IMG_3248.jpg

And now have the Ultegra spec di2 hydro shifters on and plumbed in to the hoses (working fine but might give them a bleed to firm up the lever feel),bigger cassette and Ultegra RX rear mech on plus all the Di2 bits fitted;

IMG_3250.jpg

IMG_3253.jpg

IMG_3251.jpg

And now on charge;

IMG_3254.jpg

Just have to fettle cable position run(may move battery holder to down tube),fit new SKS Blumels mudguards and fit all the dynamo bits.

Also waiting on some single chainring bolts to fit Hope chainring as trying out a 1x11 set up first.

Cleaned Wiggy and oiled the drivetrain after being caught in that biblical rain yesterday.

Also have finally managed to trace the source of the annoying rattle when the chain's on the big ring up front. :wahhey: Just need to work out how to fix it now... :scratch:
Not to do with `Trim` on the FD ? or possibly cable has slipped in the cable clamp. I had this happen on the rear deraileur.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
It's worth a try. Don't forget to loosen the limit screw too though.

I don't know if it has a trim function... I guess there has to be a user / maintenance guide online somewhere.

(Slopes off to have a look.)
I have both Sora and 105 and they both have trim so would think that Claris would too. The easiest way to check is once the FD has been clicked over to the large chain wheel (when it rubs) then try and click it again, it may be only a small click but would be enough to clear the cage. Another thing you can try if that does`nt make any difference is : Do as previously but this time see if you can move the front derailleur by gentle pulling th cable to it on the down tube. It it does`nt move anymore then I would say the limit screw needs adjusting. If the cable pulling does move it over more then the barrel adjuster needs adjusting. Hope this helps and you get sorted. Nothing worse than noise when you are cycling.

Last edited:
I have both Sora and 105 and they both have trim so would think that Claris would too. The easiest way to check is once the FD has been clicked over to the large chain wheel (when it rubs) then try and click it again, it may be only a small click but would be enough to clear the cage. Another thing you can try if that does`nt make any difference is : Do as previously but this time see if you can move the front derailleur by gentle pulling th cable to it on the down tube. It it does`nt move anymore then I would say the limit screw needs adjusting. If the cable pulling does move it over more then the barrel adjuster needs adjusting. Hope this helps and you get sorted. Nothing worse than noise when you are cycling.

Thanks, I'll have a crack at that. :okay:

What he said:okay:

More stuff on the Robinson in between gardening and shopping.

All cables tidied,chainset and chain on and working;just some tweaking to do but will have to wait until I'm back at work as I don't have a Windoze machine so can't set everything up here or do updates.

Plus front dynamo light on and working and front mudguard fitted although that still needs adjusting/tweaking.

IMG_3259.jpg
IMG_3258.jpg
IMG_3257.jpg
IMG_3256.jpg

So still a few things to do but not far off now:smile:

Top Bottom