What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
A friend brought his brother's bike over for me to fix a "shredded" gear cable this morning. I first got asked about this in the depths of winter and said "Yes, not problem" but didn't hear anything about it again until now.

DSC0007546.jpg

When C said shredded, he meant shredded.:blink: I can only presume it had snagged on something during a ride.

Fortunately it was an easy fix by changing inner and outer cables. The derailleur appeared as though it had never been set up right from new so that has been done and it's had a checkover.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
A friend brought his brother's bike over for me to fix a "shredded" gear cable this morning. I first got asked about this in the depths of winter and said "Yes, not problem" but didn't hear anything about it again until now.

View attachment 475605

When C said shredded, he meant shredded.:blink: I can only presume it had snagged on something during a ride.

Fortunately it was an easy fix by changing inner and outer cables. The derailleur appeared as though it had never been set up right from new so that has been done and it's had a checkover.
Wow! That’s definitely had it. :eek:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
The right hand nut , washers , the lot had come off the front wheel of my Brompton at some point. So have fitted a new nut and washers etc. today. Been down some rough roads of late so guess it all vibrated off at some point.

Hicky

Guru
New tyres, bar end plugs and MTB grips delivered to home, my handbuilts were re trued but I won't be able to sort everything back on the van nic for another day or so...arrgrh.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
New tyres, bar end plugs and MTB grips delivered to home, my handbuilts were re trued but I won't be able to sort everything back on the van nic for another day or so...arrgrh.

That reminds me.
I must replace a lost bar end. Been missing now for a few weeks.

si_c

Guru
Bit of a creak on the Felt commuter, so greased the seatpost last night and went out for a 25mile spin in the dark no real issues - everything seemed fine.

Commuting in to work this morning, and about a half mile in, a horrible noise started like everything that could possibly be creaking was, so I pulled over and had a look. The seat-tube/top-tube weld has totally failed, there's a crack about 75% of the way around the joint so the frame is totally dead.

I've emailed Felt as it's only 3 months outside the 2 year warranty period, but I'm not hopeful, so it looks like new frame time.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I reeeeaaallly can't do a 'like' for that. ^^^

Did a bit of filing on the mudguard stays as there was an annoying squeaky rattle the other day...I'm sure the stays are rubbing the guards...at least on the front one.
Polished a newly bought alloy chainstay protector and stuck it on. The old one wasn't done properly in the first place.
Fitted new brake blocks.

Top Bottom