What Have You Fettled Today?

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by threebikesmcginty, 29 Sep 2011.

1. Leaway2

Leaway2 Guru

2. Justinitus

Justinitus Someone mention cake??

You need a screw and washer in Hope Orange :laugh:

JhnBssll likes this.
  3. JhnBssll

JhnBssll Über Member

I may have solved the cable issue with a Stanley knife and some Sugru...

20190704_201902.jpg 20190704_202703.jpg

I carefully cut the plastic around the USB connector and removed enough to allow me to bend it through 90 degrees. I checked it fit then moulded some Sugru around it, now curing in the garage :okay:

4. tom73

tom73 Über Member

Yet more fettling the gears on the Ribble have been a bit out for a while. Spent the evening having a good old look and a few go’s at indexing and a few cable adjustments latter and a test ride. Now much better just a bit of fine tune and good to go.

dave r, LeetleGreyCells and JhnBssll like this.
  5. JhnBssll

JhnBssll Über Member

My butchered lead works a charm :okay: To celebrate I butchered it further by cutting it right down...

20190704_215510.jpg 20190704_220036.jpg 20190704_220301.jpg

It's now a rather neat fit...

20190704_220503.jpg

And proof that it all works...

20190704_220545.jpg

:becool:

With that success I decided I may as well make the mount for the other bike...

20190704_221759.jpg

Pleased with this evenings fettling :okay:

6. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Got a bottom bracket three quarters out :cursing: Drive side cup won't shift with 150ft.lbs which is the limit of my tool. So tomorrow that'll go off to some workshop to shift and cost us money while its owner rides a spare.

dave r likes this.
  7. Vantage

Vantage The dogs chew toy

Decided the best place for the pump to live was behind the seat tube and discovered that the pump bracket already had little slots to take zip ties! Yay!
    Then when I got home from taking muttly out I chopped about 3 inches off the back of the front mudguard. It was millimetres from ploughing the fields I rode through.

Last edited: 7 Jul 2019
  8. si_c

si_c Veteran

Gave my chain a dsmned good clean. Ran through the sonic cleaner, and then relubed with a wax based lube.

9. tom73

tom73 Über Member

Just given the London Rd a good clean and polish. Not been gone since the York rally so was well over due.
    As the weather is good and seeing as the stand , cleaning stuff was out and as Mrs 73 is away.
    Thought I'd clean and polish her pride and joy FX3 (few brownie pts me thinks:laugh:)
    Both all ready for our next day out hitting the trails.

Attached Files:

10. Got the seat post out of a folding 26" Fuji I was given by the bicycle co-op, as they had no idea what to do with it. About the only folding bike that will hold a guy my size.These bikes were not sold. You had to buy them with points from Marlboro cigarettes. A guy at the co-op told me his parents got a tent, and a bunch of camping gear that way. Marlboro adventure team. 4130 Cro-moly frame, strange folding action. I intend to repaint it, black or dark brown, very businesslike. Rack and fenders, high reach bars, better components, probably used but nice Deore. Watch this space for more hijinx.

11. Jenkins

Jenkins Guru

Before cleaning the chain on my Spa this afternoon I decided to check it with a wear tool and the 1% indicator dropped straight in so the cleaning gear got put away and a spare chain was fitted along with and an ulmost unused 11-32 cassette on the rear wheel The cassette wasn't really needed as I don't need the big gears, but the low mileage 11-28 that was on there will be needed elsewhere soon.

12. folded-fuji.jpg fuji-full-size.jpg

13. biggs682

biggs682 Smile a mile bike provider

No bike tinkering today but bake an apple and blueberry crumble followed by scones .

IMG_20190707_124914043.jpg

14. dave r

dave r Dunking Diddy Dave Pedalling Pensioner

Thats a strange looking beast.

Gravity Aided likes this.
  15. sleuthey

sleuthey Veteran

Bodged a Chinese rechargeable light on the rear with a jubilee clip and super glue to make it a. Not worth the hassle of stealing and b. Never needs taking off as can be charged in situ
    IMG_20190707_164746931.jpg

Rickshaw Phil and Gravity Aided like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice