What Have You Fettled Today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
My neighbour, who is an lovely old lady. Her fence broke in the last storm.

So today armed with a bit of YouTube knowledge and some motoring tools, I set about getting the broken (rotten) posts out of the ground.

4 posts, less than one hour using this so simple but clever method

20220227_151553.jpg

Using a door hook, screwed into the top of the rotton stump. A racket strap hooked around the elevated old post. Jack up the other end with a car jack. Out they pop in 30 secs.

Beats chipping away with a breaker bar. All the concrete came out too :hyper:

Now the shocking bit, 3 panels, 4 concrete post, 3 concrete barge boards and post mix. £350 :ohmy:

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Rear derailleur wasn't shifting down to anything small than cog 7 on the OHs Tiagra 4700 bike

Cable was jammed in the shifter but a bit of cover removal and fiddling got the culprit out.

Whilst under the bar tape routing is neat, it does stress cables.

tonight I'm going to replace the LH inner cable, before that gets to the same state

Attachments

• IMG-20220227-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20220227-WA0001.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Rear derailleur wasn't shifting down to anything small than cog 7 on the OHs Tiagra 4700 bike

Cable was jammed in the shifter but a bit of cover removal and fiddling got the culprit out.

Whilst under the bar tape routing is neat, it does stress cables.

tonight I'm going to replace the LH inner cable, before that gets to the same state
LH cable sorted and all beautifully indexed:okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sprocket shuffling on the commuter MTB. Spares bin dive for some more 'commute/flat' route gear ratios for the commuter as I only use one or two gears on most of the canal route, other than one for climbing the steep cobbled locks. Moved from a 12-32 7 speed to a 13-26 (13,14,15,17,19,21,26). Also a good time to put normal tyres back on (not ice tyres).

Last edited:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
A second bottle cage onto the NeilPryde Nazaré son no. 2's taking as a spare bike to Belgium in 3 weeks. Still need to swap a saddle and do the chain but it's almost there. The chain will probably be done tomorrow at some point.

Put a shorter stem and a bottle cage onto the NeilPryde Bayamo TT bike that's been built over the winter. Just a test ride now before a first TT on 19th March.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
More turbo woes.
The tension adjust lever was not pulling any cable so I took it apart only to find that the cable head had come out of its slot and the pins that click into the serrated dial inside had come out of the slots . After putting the cable head back in and the pins back in place it was working again so I screwed it back together only to find I had lost a screw,no problem as I had a spare that fitted so I put it in only to find the original about 8 feet away 🙄

T4tomo

Legendary Member
put a pair of GP5000s onto the new Zed carbon hoops, Disappointingly, as the "Grand Prix" part is virtually invisible but the 5000 very bright, it is impossible to line to the tyre logo's to the Zs on the rims so the look good on both sides of the wheel. and if you line up the "Continental" on the opposite side it looks like the 5000 is out of wonk :wacko:

So have had to go for 1/4 rotation approach.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
1/4 rotation, oh noooo...

T4tomo

Legendary Member
1/4 rotation, oh noooo...
what else can i do fossy - I have logos 180* apart on both tyres and rims and the F@@ckers wont line up because half this logo is invisible in real life:
1646297889849.png

b@rsteward Germans messing with my OCD:laugh::laugh:

if you centre that logo, it just looks like the 5000 is off centre on both sides of the wheel

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Hmmm - I might see if that whole logo comes off the tyre, as the "Continental" bit lines up nicely with "Hand built in the UK by Zed"

@DCLane - how do you solve this conundrum - you and your lad run GP5000's don't you?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Hmmm - I might see if that whole logo comes off the tyre, as the "Continental" bit lines up nicely with "Hand built in the UK by Zed"

@DCLane - how do you solve this conundrum - you and your lad run GP5000's don't you?

We use both GP5000's and Pirelli's. To make it acceptable I've put the edge of the GP5000 logo each side of the valve.

Top Bottom