What new technology have you tried and dismissed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
DAB radio. :cursing:

Yebbut no DAB.

No Six-Music .

A sacrifice too far :sad:

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
It's the cutting out/garbled bit that gets to me, and before anyone says "Get a better one" Maz bought a frickng 'Roberts' so it ain't a cheapo

Isn't that the fault of the w.w.web footed sky pixies, not fully paying attention when they're delivering the content, rather than the device itself..??

Gotta 'rugged looking' JCB type 'builder proof' dab in the barn... Wasn't cheap, wasn't top spendy neither..

I think a lot of its luck ..

Gotta 'rugged looking' JCB type 'builder proof' dab in the barn... Wasn't cheap, wasn't top spendy neither..
We've got one of those in the garage ( i think becuse they were on offer somewhere like Robert Dyas). It's been fine, not had to test its durability yet!

DAB has been a success for us (in more than 1 home, so far). But I would say the reception issue IS a drawback - with FM/AM you knew you would get a bearable sound even with imperfect reception.

(Got a shock driving a hire-car between Yosemite and Vegas, back in the 90s; the radio picked up NOTHING for large stretches of the desert :O )

Tried and dismissed? OK:

Video where text and/or sound works perfectly well e.g. news reports on the BBC web-site. Or webcams in radio studios - I DO NOT CARE what the presenters look like!!! Or 90% of the crap on YouTube, where the right pictures with annotations would work twice as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Cough. BBC Sounds. Cough.

You alright dear ??

Need a pat on the back :rolleyes:
??

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Facebook. Was on it for a short bit as everyone was saying you must join. Got over the self aggrandisement of peoples posts very quickly. Got wise to all the tracking / data capture they were attempting and deleted account. Never been back and block it in all the browsers I use. For similar reasons I won’t use Whatsapp or Instagram both owned by Suckerberg (in American English spelt with a Z)

mudsticks

Obviously an Aubergine
Cycling waterproofs. I don’t care what they say about breathability. They are too sweaty (at cycling effort levels) and also expensive. So on the bike I just wear a wind proof outer with fast wicking liner when it rains. You get a bit damp , but you aren’t sweating buckets and getting soaked from the inside.

Windshirts for the win...

:okay:

Doesn't the water ruin the phone?

No but seriously - you have to get out of thr shower and go to your PC or phone to adjust the temparature ?
We could change temperature and waterflow when in there. But the big selling point was that when we were in bed in the morning we could turn the thing on and it would be at the right temperature when we decided to get up and waddle across to it. Not very eco friendly but the Karens and spinach generation will love it.

Top Bottom