What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robjh

Legendary Member
I am on the Pork Pie 200 this Sat and it is not cancelled. Expecting some weather involving strong winds and possibly heavy rain.
Me too. The wind is a cert, the rain just an added extra.

(I had some experience of high-wind riding in the Fens last week, and in the cross-winds it wasn't pretty. I'm hoping that a slightly lumpier and less exposed terrain will give us a bit of respite compared to that).

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
I aim to do Spring Into The Dales on April 14th. It is a very hilly 115 km on top of which I have a 20 km round trip to and from event HQ. If I can motivate myself to get up early enough, I may ride to Burnley and back before setting off to Mytholmroyd. That would give me the extra 26 km needed to get 161 km in (an imperial century).

If bad weather stops play, I will ride the route on the first free weekend after that date. (I have ridden SITD in 'disappointing' conditions but draw the line at 'awful'!)

I'll start a thread about it nearer the time to see if anybody fancies joining me. I usually meet up with at least a couple of other CycleChat riders for the event.
Literally just checking the dates for that Colin because I have just got a date for my Prostate operation which is two days later ! Might as well get a big ride in before I’m off for a few weeks :laugh:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Me too. The wind is a cert, the rain just an added extra.

(I had some experience of high-wind riding in the Fens last week, and in the cross-winds it wasn't pretty. I'm hoping that a slightly lumpier and less exposed terrain will give us a bit of respite compared to that).

Yes I'm hoping for a bit of the same. It's the gap in shelter that gets you when the wind suddenly hits you.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Hope everyone out today is sturdy! I did the Wells Mells and a bit broader 200 last Saturday, a lot of elevation and a lot of unprotected headwind for a slow lanterne rouge. Scariest part was being buffeted in traffic coming out of Wincanton. my head would like to be doing the Cheltenham Flyer or Rough Diamond today but my body is glad it will probably do no more than 500 steps around the house pottering!

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Hope everyone out today is sturdy! I did the Wells Mells and a bit broader 200 last Saturday, a lot of elevation and a lot of unprotected headwind for a slow lanterne rouge. Scariest part was being buffeted in traffic coming out of Wincanton. my head would like to be doing the Cheltenham Flyer or Rough Diamond today but my body is glad it will probably do no more than 500 steps around the house pottering!
It’s grim here in Manchester, had to ride to collect an old car 11 miles away and am glad I was not doing a 200k !

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
It’s grim here in Manchester, had to ride to collect an old car 11 miles away and am glad I was not doing a 200k !
Spent today wondering if today is same or worse than last Saturday, I was done in with 5 mile commute into the gale last two days (dropped off for home run of course on both days!) must say I've needed stamina for the rugby watching today.

Top Bottom