What's your next Audax?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Down to ride the New Mere 200 next week 24th February .

Paul
Sounds like you have made a good recovery from your nasty accident then, Paul?

Sounds like you have made a good recovery from your nasty accident then, Paul?
So far everything has gone really well ColinJ , I got back on the bike at the beginning of this week for the first time and apart from painful sit bones and quads everything was fine the only problem I seem to have is my hip pops now and again off the bike which is quite uncomfortable .

I'm riding that as well - you'll find me in Ravensthorpe CC kit. Bike unknown as yet - I'm undecided whether to use the full winter Eastway as a swansong before it's sold or go 'fast and light' on my Wilier.
I'm still undecided as to trike or two wheels , probably go two wheels as they wont allow trikes on trains incase I have any issues with my hip .

Last edited:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Character Coln 100km for me this weekend. Expect to get drenched, but it's one of my favourite Cotswold routes. The uphill finish always wipes me out, but it's worth it.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I'm entered in the Scottish Borders 200k on Saturday 16th March. Worried about the weather forecast though.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gcvup2wjd#?date=2019-03-16

I think that has just been cancelled.

Ajax Bay

Guru
The forecast for Cambridge and the Cotswolds is roughly the same: strong (+ gusts) southwesterlies, with temperature around 10 degrees and drizzle off and on (turning to rain over here from 6pm). Up in the borders there's snow and close to freezing temperatures, but the wind is light(ish). Drank last night with several who got round the 'Mad March' (200 over Exmoor) last Sunday: it was character building (hopefully that will help our Easter Arrow team. If the wind's like that on Good Friday we'll make York with hours to spare). I was in a windy forest in NE France last Sunday and had a tree crash down less than 50m in front of me.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I did the Wells, Mells & Broader in Storm Gareth last weekend. There was enough elevation without silly headwinds to make it harder. Notched up to 250km for extra audacity. It was the crosswinds near traffic that were my greatest concern.

Next Saturday I’m planning a DIY 300 up over the Mendips, through Cheddar Gorge, The Quantocks, along the Jurassic coast and returning over the Blackdown Hills via Glastonbury, Wells and home. It’ll be a burn. Anyone care to join me?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I aim to do Spring Into The Dales on April 14th. It is a very hilly 115 km on top of which I have a 20 km round trip to and from event HQ. If I can motivate myself to get up early enough, I may ride to Burnley and back before setting off to Mytholmroyd. That would give me the extra 26 km needed to get 161 km in (an imperial century).

If bad weather stops play, I will ride the route on the first free weekend after that date. (I have ridden SITD in 'disappointing' conditions but draw the line at 'awful'!)

I'll start a thread about it nearer the time to see if anybody fancies joining me. I usually meet up with at least a couple of other CycleChat riders for the event.

Top Bottom