whats your pet hate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
ChrisKH said:
I hate them! In fact I would probably kill given the chance.... I had a car pull up (Fiesta naturally) outside my house on Sunday and then drive off again. The little shoot had put his McDonald's meal wrappers on the pavement and drove off! I dread to think what offence I would have been prosecuted for had I caught him.
+1

Reminds me of a great story I read once where someone had been in Cheltenham I think it was, and seen a car waiting at the lights, window open, and a woman dropping a fag packet out the window. Ferocious looking old dear goes over, picks up the packet and hands it back. 'Nah, I don't need it any more' comes the voice from inside. 'Nor does Cheltenham!' says the old dear in a steely voice.

Greedo

People using bluetooth headsets anywhere other than a car really really really winds me up. Ar$eholes!!!!!! They truly are

Greedo said:
People using bluetooth headsets anywhere other than a car really really really winds me up. Ar$eholes!!!!!! They truly are

Yeah. Went to the funeral of twin baby girls a few years ago when they had just come out and some twunt had one in his lug 'ole.

Mr Phoebus

People who punctuate every sentence with: "D'ya know what I mean/I'm sayin'?"
Piss off! You're not Frank Bruno. But I'd willingly make you 'punch drunk' if you want?

ACS

Legendary Member
Inarticulate people who use the word ‘whatever’ believing that it is an appropriate verbal response. It makes my blood boil just thinking about it.

Holiday makers who travel to non standard UK holiday destinations abroad and complain that they could not get ‘English food’ (what is English food anyway?)

People who think it is acceptable to be late.

The fact the Government thinks it is acceptable for members of the armed forces to be killed in conflicts which have nothing to do with the protection or safety of the British people. (Note proudly took the Queens shilling for 28 years and resigned having been there, done that and have the scars to prove it.)

Greedo

i've got a mate who is the most placid guy you could ever meet however he can't go to the cinema as he has the same thing as you and has actually got into a fight once over it. He's not been to the cinema for 10 years because of it

parklaneyido said:
Noisy eaters drive me insane! :evil:

Greedo said:
i've got a mate who is the most placid guy you could ever meet however he can't go to the cinema as he has the same thing as you and has actually got into a fight once over it. He's not been to the cinema for 10 years because of it

Actually that would be me too. I have a colleague who is the worst eater I have ever come across. Lovely bloke, but don't have lunch with him. I get the urge to kill if I do.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
On the subject of noise..

Whenever I try to watch a film and my In Laws are there I have to really bite my tongue to stop myself launching into some tirade about "It's not real - it's only a f*cking story!!!" as they consistently tut and say "ooh" at any violence and/or non violence... basically anything that seems to happen.

Also the reading of the titles at the start of the film... what's that all about?

M-in-L: "Oh, Jack Nicholson..."
F-in-L: "Oh yeah"

I mean, WTF? It's a JN flick.. of course he's going to be mentioned!!! :evil::smile:!:smile:

Mr Phoebus

Sh4rkyBloke said:
On the subject of noise..

Whenever I try to watch a film and my In Laws are there I have to really bite my tongue to stop myself launching into some tirade about "It's not real - it's only a f*cking story!!!" as they consistently tut and say "ooh" at any violence and/or non violence... basically anything that seems to happen.

Also the reading of the titles at the start of the film... what's that all about?

M-in-L: "Oh, Jack Nicholson..."
F-in-L: "Oh yeah"

I mean, WTF? It's a JN flick.. of course he's going to be mentioned!!! :evil::smile:!:smile:

*Having left your home*

M-in-L: Did you see his face when I mentioned Jack Nicholson?
F-in-L: Yeah, I thought he was going to crack.
M-in-L: Do you reckon we should stop winding him up now?
F-in-L: Nah, Let's see just how much he can take.
M-in-L: *Giggling* Oooh, we are rotten to him. But OK, lets.

parklaneyido

Mr Phoebus said:
People who punctuate every sentence with: "D'ya know what I mean/I'm sayin'?"
Piss off! You're not Frank Bruno. But I'd willingly make you 'punch drunk' if you want?

I work with a guy who says 'ya kna' wha' I mean' at the end of nearly every sentence! I think it's quite funny!

Greedo said:
That irritates me too... You seem them take their phone out of their pocket, answer it, and then talk into the headset WHILE HOLDING THE BLOODY PHONE IN THEIR HAND!!!!!!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Mr Phoebus said:
*Having left your home*

M-in-L: Did you see his face when I mentioned Jack Nicholson?
F-in-L: Yeah, I thought he was going to crack.
M-in-L: Do you reckon we should stop winding him up now?
F-in-L: Nah, Let's see just how much he can take.
M-in-L: *Giggling* Oooh, we are rotten to him. But OK, lets.
xx(:biggrin:

Top Bottom