When you see another cyclist, do you try and catch up to him or her?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
I love overtaking roadie on my trike :smile:
That's cheating.

c10f3e66c0de14b6df493ff3a00227b5.jpg

Absolutely I try and catch them and then say morning/afternoon with a polite wave to them to freak them out. When I was commuting there were a couple of people who worked near by and we would form an impromptu chain gang.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Not always. but yes - Its a little game i play to test my own fitness. Though 99% of the time i dont overtake. Just catch up with and attempt to match their speed.

I do it more with people decked out in full club attire than just casual joes, Im after a challenge.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Absolutely I try and catch them and then say morning/afternoon with a polite wave to them to freak them out. When I was commuting there were a couple of people who worked near by and we would form an impromptu chain gang.
caught another road rider this week on the way home, i think he was a bit pished as i had my panniers in full commuting set up

Solocle

Über Member
Yep, on a decent tiling ride, I noticed a few chaps ahead doing some pace, so over the course of the next 20 minutes I chased after them... eventually passed them going up a hill, where I dug fairly deep. Only to turn off, get out of sight, and have a breather :laugh:

Still, a nice bit of unanticipated interval training. The whole psychology of chasing other riders is why Zwift exists.

Top Bottom