Where have all the cyclists gone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
my son in law asked me if i wanted a 40 miler at 11,55 am , i was gardening, he ignored my texting for a ride at 7 am..so its a 50% drop in this house :laugh:

bigjim

Legendary Member
Haven't you heard? Golf is the new cycling!

Actually, I might have made that up. TBH, I haven't noticed much of a change locally. Perhaps because of the climate, there never really were that many cyclists in the first place. On my recent trip to Lands End (on a motorbike) I did notice just how many more cyclists there were on the roads in the less cold, wet, and windy parts of the country.
Plenty round here. There does seem to be a lot less motorbikes about though. Thinking of sellling mine this year.

Will Spin

Über Member
There seem to be more and more around here (Southdowns National Park area). 20 "flybys" on my strava this morning during a 20 mile ride.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Did a century today, to Salisbury and back. Loads of riders out, everything from TT bikes and full Rapha kit to mums and dads with youngsters in tow, plus every kind of cyclist in between.

xzenonuk

Veteran
seen loads on thursday, i stopped up the big hill from the miller and carter steakhouse near queensferry and about 10 or 12 must of passed me, hehe half of them asked if i was ok as well in the space of 10 minutes.

they must of felt sorry for the fat guy in trackies, t-shirt and high vis vest looking knackered, it was my first stop since princess street and i didn't want a rest before the big hill, would rather rest with it behind me lol :tongue:

screenman

Legendary Member
Loads around here, New clubs starting up and the old one's getting more members.

PlanB

Plenty round here. There does seem to be a lot less motorbikes about though. Thinking of sellling mine this year.

My motorbike has been SORN since last September with no plans as yet to put it on the road.
Just no fun anymore .... bores the tits off me riding within the limits these days to be honest.
May just sell mine this year also?

Much rather get the push bike out these days and feel alive!

Getting back on topic;
I think the longer the layoff from cycling (many don't do bad weather) the harder that first ride is - I think we have all paced around the house muttering "c'mon ya fat b@stad" trying to get motivated after 6 weeks off the bike.

Top Bottom