Which CC member do you think you'd like to meet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I'd quite like to meet Rocky one day, and hill wimp.
I have met lots of cc'ers and like @ColinJ 99% of them were great, not sure if we have the same 1% in mind :whistle:

Cough cough @skolly :whistle:
And I'd like to meet you too Potsy!!

Perhaps we could arrange to meet CoffeeJo as well.

Rocky

Hello decadence
I’d like to meet @blazed.
I once met reg….
I once met Dave 123

Rocky

Hello decadence
I can't/do the blue alert link thingy to let them know I've posted about them, but I'm sure they'll see this.
Ok, here goes and not in any particular order, but maybe the one's I think of most when posting and reading (mostly in regard rather than disdain;)) are these.
Drago
The Claud
Vickster
Rocky..where is he by the way?
Shep from W@n..hampton as he's got me calling it now, after he's bugged me for quite a while.:hello:
Fnarrr
Stephec

That's it for now, but I'm sure i will think of more.🤔
I'm here Accy :smile:

Why would anyone want to meet some unknown person from a forum persona?
no harm in it surely?
Might be interesting - and you hardly have to go out of your way.
I have swerved 2 or 3 rides because someone whose online persona I didn't like was apparently intent on going along though.
I stress that the vast majority of folk on here of whatever gender or persuasion (and I often have little idea about where they are on the spectrum) are just fine and dandy.

Last edited:
I think that I have met over 200 CycleChat members now. I'm not sure exactly how many because I gave up trying to keep track once it was over 100 or so! About 95% of them have been men. All of the women are nice people, and about 99% of the men are too. There were just a few men who failed the 'Would I like to cycle with you again?' test - they aren't around any more, and I won't tell you who they are/were.
200 - cripes I'm impressed. Very.

swansonj

Guru
Why would anyone want to meet some unknown person from a forum persona?

For me, it's the other way round. I came to Cyclechat because that was where many of the people I met while cycling (on Fridays rides) were to found online, and it was a continuation of face-to-face relationships. I would be wary of engaging too much with online personas I had not met in the flesh, and if the opportunity came up to meet the people I cross swords with here (or these days, over the road) most often, I would gladly take it.

So I'm saying much the same as:
I'm not a natural forum-type person. I don't feel I can be actual friends with someone I've never met. I do know some people here in real life, and there are a few others whom I'd be fascinated to meet.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
200 - cripes I'm impressed. Very.
There are a few from back in the days of Cycling Plus/BikeRadar, but the rest are over my 14 years on CycleChat.

If I get bored one evening I may trawl through my forum ride posts and see how many different names I can find.

Some of the people I have only met once or twice but there are others that I have ridden with 10, 20, even 30+ times.

Top Bottom