Which CC member do you think you'd like to meet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
OK. To make you feel better @Smokin Joe ;)

PS. I never got a mention either :sad:
I'd meet up with you any day.

As for the rest of this shower...

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I‘ve met loads over the years and you’ve all been lovely, even those of you who were sometimes a little less lovely with a keyboard in your mitts. :tongue:

SHOUTOUTS! for any IoW nightriders led by the indomitable @StuAff, also @Fnaar and @Shadow for the excellence of their company and @jay clock for being local and doing awesome tours.

I‘d have liked to have met Crackle. We had plenty of interaction when he held my rookie moderator hands through the 2017 P&L wars and I’m sorry he’s no longer on the forum.

Bringing the mood down a lot I probably did come across Dave Davenport without realising it as we shared many roads and, as it turns out, quite a few mutual acquaintances. I almost arranged to meet him and a few other Sotonia members during a TdF stage in Normandy, but it didn’t work out in the end. I cycle past the spot where he was fatally injured at least two or three times a week, so he’s often in my thoughts.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
Of course, @Aravis also covers similar routes, he even once posted a photo of one of my favourite gates!

I have been toying with the idea of organising a round Worcester forum ride, but I am too lazy to actually do anything about it, and also am too slow to keep up with you guys.

That's two of us who'd be too slow then.

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

jay clock

Massive member
I‘ve met loads over the years and you’ve all been lovely, even those of you who were sometimes a little less lovely with a keyboard in your mitts. :tongue:

SHOUTOUTS! for any IoW nightriders led by the indomitable @StuAff, also @Fnaar and @Shadow for the excellence of their company and @jay clock for being local and doing awesome tours.

I‘d have liked to have met Crackle. We had plenty of interaction when he held my rookie moderator hands through the 2017 P&L wars and I’m sorry he’s no longer on the forum.

Bringing the mood down a lot I probably did come across Dave Davenport without realising it as we shared many roads and, as it turns out, quite a few mutual acquaintances. I almost arranged to meet him and a few other Sotonia members during a TdF stage in Normandy, but it didn’t work out in the end. I cycle past the spot where he was fatally injured at least two or three times a week, so he’s often in my thoughts.
+1 for Dave Davenport. I also cycle past the spot where he was hit several times a week.

@Bollo clearly a top geezer

@Cathryn one of the loveliest people around and a real inspiration

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I thought that you had the reputation of doing scarily long, hard rides...? :whistle:

Any rides that I organise down there will be nearer 100 km than 400+ km, and they will probably end up not even averaging minimum audax speed!
I can do those as well. Honest.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
I too have toyed with the idea of organising a forum ride ..... in my case in Gloucestershire ..... but due to family health problems, I wouldn't be able to guarantee that I'd turn up to my own ride! I'm just getting out there whenever I can be certain I'm not needed at the moment.

Over the years I have had the pleasure of meeting several Cyclechat members out on the road when entering audaxes. @jembullo, @Pikey, @Banjo, @twentysix by twentyfive and @Arjimlad immediately spring to mind. I have also introduced @Dark46 and @KingswayRider to this forum, making a total of seven members who I have met. Not a rogue among them! Hopefully I'll meet a few other local members out on the road as it is always nice to be able to put a face to a name. Please stop me for a chat if you think you spot me. I would wear my Cyclechat shirt more often if it had one more X in its size. Instead you will just have to look out for an improbably massive cyclist in the Gloucester/Stroud/Forest of Dean area.

irw

Quadricyclist
I'll just warn you, I am *very* geeky when it comes to motor racing. :blush:

Maybe I am the very model of a modern major-general... :whistle:
tumblr_pqm1w68lPm1rf1yd3o10_540.jpg

KingswayRider

Über Member
I too have toyed with the idea of organising a forum ride ..... in my case in Gloucestershire ..... but due to family health problems, I wouldn't be able to guarantee that I'd turn up to my own ride! I'm just getting out there whenever I can be certain I'm not needed at the moment.

Over the years I have had the pleasure of meeting several Cyclechat members out on the road when entering audaxes. @jembullo, @Pikey, @Banjo, @twentysix by twentyfive and @Arjimlad immediately spring to mind. I have also introduced @Dark46 and @KingswayRider to this forum, making a total of seven members who I have met. Not a rogue among them! Hopefully I'll meet a few other local members out on the road as it is always nice to be able to put a face to a name. Please stop me for a chat if you think you spot me. I would wear my Cyclechat shirt more often if it had one more X in its size. Instead you will just have to look out for an improbably massive cyclist in the Gloucester/Stroud/Forest of Dean area.
Difficult to miss you @Donger...
Happy to catch up when you get chance to get out. Sunday's route is easy enough...just the steady ascent to Abenhall before heading out to Linton & Gorsley. If you're not out & we don't catch up before, I'm off over Xmas & hopefully we can knock in a few miles together.

Top Bottom